MattyDipps's Build Thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > MattyDipps's Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
mattydipps
2006 WK 

MattyDipps's Build Thread

okay guys so finally i feel this is a great time to catch up on all of the work that ive done and put it all into one place...

i bought my jeep back in september, shes an 06 3.7l QTI rig with 53k miles when i first got it. i PROMISED my self i wasnt going to go crazy with this jeep and was going to keep it stock, then i found you people on here... the rest is history (idk whether to thank you all or curse you all )

my car before the jeep was this...

as you can see.. i had fun with this one^^ until my friends mom decided to go in reverse down the length of her block and completely demolish it..

heres a few pics the first day i brought her home...

as you guys can see there wasnt a trailer hitch and i needed one... i have a couple jetskis and a couple small trailers i need to tow so my first mod was an oem trailer hitch and bezel .. i dont have many pictures of the install but heres some afters..

and finally the piece i cut out of the bumper

shortly after, began the long list of "problems" with the jeep the water pump went right before i picked her up from the stealership... then went the transfercase ... then the starter.. then the ebrake assembly exploded all within a month and a half ... i bet you guys can tell how happy i was

Unread 02-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #2
mattydipps
2006 WK 

next came my grille mod, picked up the idea from a few guys on here and for less then 20 bucks, some 3/4 expanded sheet metal, some spray paint, and a few nuts and bolts.... i couldnt go wrong..

a before;

a during; (dont mind my crazy neighbor)

and an after;

then .. like most, the lift bug bit me. i choose to go with the Rough Country 2inch lift, it took me a little bit of time to figure out it was the RC lift that i wanted ... i really liked the reviews and felt it was the best bang for my buck untill i save up for the OME.. as usual i became too caught up in installing the kit that i didnt take pictures of the install its self..

did a little holiday decorating..

dont know why their crooked ^^ but ill deal
Unread 02-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #3
mattydipps
2006 WK 

then came a couple little things here and a couple little things there... first i decided to spray paint the rear step with some bed liner...

i never took a picture of this but i got this idea from a fellow member ... i wanted to create almost a stock feel for my trailer wiring and i didnt want any length of 4-pin wires hanging underneath or tied around my trailer hitch so i picked this up

http://www.autoanything.com/hitch-be...x?kc=ffproduct

put it on and it looks almost stock ..

picked up a shorty antenna from a guy on JG... a few people on here are running the same antenna, i love it!

tossed on some back up LEDs i picked them up for less then 20 bucks with free shipping... not the ones omelet and mrtosh are running but that will change soon those things are bright!!

i dont want to take up all this space with pics but here ya go...

Unread 02-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #4
mattydipps
2006 WK 

now, on to the good stuff....

i was driving around on a set of stock rims and tires since i bought the truck and it looked pretty hilarous driving around with a lifted truck and stock small tires.

i found a new set from a fellow jeeper for a deal i couldnt pass up ... all 5 moabs wrapped in 265/70/17 falken wild peaks and TPMS ... 400 bucks, who could pass that up ?? so i stuffed the girl in the car and took the 5 hour one way trip to go get them

andd threw a coat of paint on them

then i picked up a set of brand new Rough Country wheel spacers off of a buddy of mine and took care of the pinch weld mod.

and finally threw the rims on there....

Unread 02-29-2012, 08:05 PM   #5
mattydipps
2006 WK 

i got a replacement stock radio for my stock radio... my aux broke on my old radio and i mostly listen to pandora on my iphone so i was going nuts !!

see the cool new chrome knobs??

then i threw on a set of s4xc front recovery shackle mounts with 3/4 inch smittybilt d-ring shackles with red daystar d-ring isolators...

and thats how it sits as of right now ... once the weather here gets a little better ill be taking care of my cb radio and antenna ... and the tuners in the mail along with some other goodies...
Unread 02-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #6
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

Damn your leds look way brighter than the ones that I got that appear to be the same as omelets
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 08:33 PM   #7
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot9psu View Post
Damn your leds look way brighter than the ones that I got that appear to be the same as omelets
i should of mentioned my motion sensor lights went on a couple seconds before i took the picture lol so half of that light is from my garage haha
Unread 02-29-2012, 08:39 PM   #8
W04J

looks awesome man, keep upi the good work.

Black 08 WK Overland QDII Stock Wifes
W04J is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 08:39 PM   #9
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

yea that could make a difference...so my cree led's like omelets are 5W and i think maybe his were 7W? let me tell you that the 5W ones suck so make sure you don't get those...i couldn't find 7W ones at the time so i got the 5's thinking they would still be better than stock
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #10
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot9psu View Post
yea that could make a difference...so my cree led's like omelets are 5W and i think maybe his were 7W? let me tell you that the 5W ones suck so make sure you don't get those...i couldn't find 7W ones at the time so i got the 5's thinking they would still be better than stock
same here haha i can hardly see mine with my windows up ... with them down tho... they dully light up everything... if that makes sense?
Unread 02-29-2012, 09:16 PM   #11
Tamerin
2005 WK 

Great build... Subscribed.

Good idea's for my stock @$$ jeep. btw, where did you get the OEM hitch assembly? I'll be looking to add that to mine as well, since I will be needing the Jeep to tow my buddys Bass Boat this coming season.

Black WK Club #110
Tamerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 10:52 PM   #12
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamerin View Post
Great build... Subscribed.

Good idea's for my stock @$$ jeep. btw, where did you get the OEM hitch assembly? I'll be looking to add that to mine as well, since I will be needing the Jeep to tow my buddys Bass Boat this coming season.
thanks man i tried to mod on a budget... but its adding up quicklylol

http://www.justforjeeps.com/hitchreceivers2.html

thats the hitch its self and then youll need...

http://www.justforjeeps.com/hireinbe.html

its a little bit costly ... but WELL worth it to go oem then to get a hang below the bumper hitch...
Unread 02-29-2012, 11:26 PM   #13
Camp
2005 WK 

Nice job matty, bout time you get a build thread going!
Camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 12:51 AM   #14
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Looking good Matty!
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 05:40 AM   #15
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Hey, Matt - welcome to the build club! Lookin good so far - and yeah, budget or not, the mod bug will eventually trump $'s to where it becomes a matter of saving up instead of making due.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.