LR3? or Commander? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > LR3? or Commander?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-18-2005, 11:37 AM   #1
wrigleylaredo
2008 KJ Liberty 

LR3? or Commander?

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts were.
I test drove both Cmdr. Ltd. and LR3 HSE. To me the Cmdr. felt more spacious and it's really tough to beat a HEMI. The LR3 felt more luxurious, though the Nav. screen gets a little washed out when the sun hits it just right. It's touch screen but you have to put a little effort into it.
The 4x4 system seems easy enough, clever really. Seats felt better in the LR3 but I do like that "Saddle" trim in the Cmdr. The LR3 has wider viewing sunroof in the rear than the Cmdr. Heated windshield in the LR3. It also cost more and I'm sure maintenance would be painful. I like the bold stance of the Cmdr. Looks more rugged than the ultra modern looking LR3. I like the Nav. system better in the Cmdr. The third row seating in the LR3 can easily and comfortably fit a 6'3" adult ( Land Rover salesperson was at least 6'1"). The LR3 seems to have more cargo room with all seats folded, higher than wider than the Cmdr. 87.4 cu. in for the LR3 and 68.5 for the Cmdr. ( Specs from '06 brochures LR3 and Cmdr.)
Hm, well for my needs I don't need the third row seats since it's just me and my girlfriend and my Golden Retriever. But it would be nice to have them when I do have more people along for the ride. I would use the extra room for all my junk when we go our cabin, supplies, dog and what-nots. I guess for the money the Cmdr. Ltd. with the HEMI would be the better bet. Though the LR3 rode better on-road with four-wheel "air" suspension. Really trick but can you imagine what it would cost (after warranty) to repair?
I currently drive an '02 Laredo and I love it. But after seeing the Cmdr. in person I probably lean towards the Jeep. Something I'm familar with and I trust. I just wanted to know your thoughts on these capable and fresh SUV's. I have looked at the Overland and Ltd. Grands but there's something about the Cmdr. that reminds me of a good 'ol XJ , wrapped in a more contemporary skin.
Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.