Low Speed MyGig RER... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Low Speed MyGig RER...

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 01-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
Mashanu

Low Speed MyGig RER...

Ok, this unit is probably the most fantastic looking unit for the WK's, considering they come standard in newer models, but my '05 WK has the standard FM dials, and no AUX input so I'm stuck listening to local radio or CD's, which gets old quickly. I would love to listen to Sirius or my iPhone's Spotify.

I just cannot justify wasting money on FM transmitters like I have in the past or even a looking standard size unit from a retailer that just doesn't mesh well with the interior. I also can't really afford spending $1000 on a brand new MyGig.

I scour eBay and craigslist daily in hopes there is a Jeep or Chrysler 300 being ripped for parts. (ebay is usually impossible as there are people like me doing the same)

Where did you guys get your MyGig's, and how much did you justify spending?
What advice or other means should I take to try and find a mygig RER for around the $300-$500 price range?

Mashanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 07:32 AM   #2
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashanu
Ok, this unit is probably the most fantastic looking unit for the WK's, considering they come standard in newer models, but my '05 WK has the standard FM dials, and no AUX input so I'm stuck listening to local radio or CD's, which gets old quickly. I would love to listen to Sirius or my iPhone's Spotify.

I just cannot justify wasting money on FM transmitters like I have in the past or even a looking standard size unit from a retailer that just doesn't mesh well with the interior. I also can't really afford spending $1000 on a brand new MyGig.

I scour eBay and craigslist daily in hopes there is a Jeep or Chrysler 300 being ripped for parts. (ebay is usually impossible as there are people like me doing the same)

Where did you guys get your MyGig's, and how much did you justify spending?
What advice or other means should I take to try and find a mygig RER for around the $300-$500 price range?
Well you could stop looking on eBay and let me buy a cheap low speed one and I could sell you my REC navigation unit haha.

I'm in the same boat. People on Craigslist seem to sell them for 3x higher than what they are going for on eBay.
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 07:44 AM   #3
JPK
2005 WK 

I bought all my parts off ebay except for the radio bezel which I bought from Jeep. Approximate prices I paid;
RER ~$750.00
Jeep Bezel ~$115.00
Lock Pick Adapt. ~ $200.00
Filler Bezel ~ $50.00
GPS Antenna ~ $12.00
Clock Fix Disc ~ $16.00
Love the setup but the GPS input is a bit clunky to use. Looks like a factory install when done.
JPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #4
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPK
I bought all my parts off ebay except for the radio bezel which I bought from Jeep. Approximate prices I paid;
RER ~$750.00
Jeep Bezel ~$115.00
Lock Pick Adapt. ~ $200.00
Filler Bezel ~ $50.00
GPS Antenna ~ $12.00
Clock Fix Disc ~ $16.00
Love the setup but the GPS input is a bit clunky to use. Looks like a factory install when done.
I'm sure it's been asked before but if I have the REC now, do I need the lock pick, antenna, etc? I know I'll need the filler bezel, but I wasn't sure if anything could be kept when going from the REC
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #5
marka2k

2006 WK 

YES you will need GPS Antenna, Lock Pick, MIC if you plan on using uConnect (factory setup for uConnect pre-08 is un-compatable) Clock Fix software is available for free to download and burn to a CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283 View Post
I'm sure it's been asked before but if I have the REC now, do I need the lock pick, antenna, etc? I know I'll need the filler bezel, but I wasn't sure if anything could be kept when going from the REC

Silver WK Club #46
06 WK Overland
MyGiG RER
OEM Parkview Rear Camera
4xGuard Matrix
4XGuard Front Skid
4XGuard Rock Rails
HID Projector
2" Lift

04 TJ Rubicon Silver
Rokmen Fuel Tank Skid
Rokmen Front Skid
Rokmen Tummy Tuck
Novak Shifter
Ground Pounder Fab Front Bumper
Warn M8000 Winch
marka2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 10:38 AM   #6
JPK
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283 View Post
Yes, unfortunately you will need the lock pick adapter. I don't think your current GPS antenna will work either because they changed the plug on the RER from the one on the REC. Still, it's only a $12.00 item on ebay. I bought the cheapest one I could find on there that had the correct plug. You already have the REC Jeep bezel and you will only need the filler bezel. You will also need the Clock Fix software. That will allow the RER to use GPS time rather than the vehicle's computer clock. The 05-07's did not have a clock in the vehicles computer. You can try to download the software and burn it to a bootable CD but I just went ahead and bought the already bootable disc. It is possible to brick the RER if you don't install the software properly.
Unread 01-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #7
JPK
2005 WK 

Another thing to be aware of is the RER has two locating pins which align with corresponding holes on the 08 dash radio bay. If you leave the pins on the RER will not mount in the 05-07 radio bay. Trim them off flush and then you can then mount the RER.
Unread 01-14-2013, 09:44 PM   #8
jediknight
2008 WK 

What about the Iphone/ipod ?

Right now i can plug my iphone / ipod in the connector from glove box from a rec radio with uconnect (everything factory). What else need to be consider to keep on having this feature.

Note : Curently i can flick tunes / playlist directly from the radio. I access the iphone playlist by pressing aux.
Unread 01-15-2013, 06:15 AM   #9
JPK
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediknight View Post
What about the Iphone/ipod ?

Right now i can plug my iphone / ipod in the connector from glove box from a rec radio with uconnect (everything factory). What else need to be consider to keep on having this feature.

Note : Curently i can flick tunes / playlist directly from the radio. I access the iphone playlist by pressing aux.
You will be able to interface Idevices. Of course you understand it will be through the Lock Pick adapter and not a direct connection to the RER.
Unread 01-19-2013, 06:46 PM   #10
Swarmer
2005 WK 

As an alternative you could get a Nokia N8 Cellphone which comes with FM transmit & removeable memory card. Load all your music onto card & the phone, transmit from your phones music list to the radio.
Swarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 09:08 PM   #11
jediknight
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarmer
As an alternative you could get a Nokia N8 Cellphone which comes with FM transmit & removeable memory card. Load all your music onto card & the phone, transmit from your phones music list to the radio.
Lol... Ain't gonna change my cell phone !! Come on
Unread 01-21-2013, 11:35 AM   #12
Swarmer
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediknight View Post
Lol... Ain't gonna change my cell phone !! Come on
The N8 is pretty cheap now, or just get a used one & stick a "pay & go" SIM in. Nokia maps for sat nav, 8Mp camera & music player. Lovely jubbly!
Swarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 04:08 PM   #13
CaribouLouWJ
2007 WK 

Does anyone know if the backup camera will still work with the MyGig? anyone have a "complete" shopping list of everything needed to swap into a '07?

Thanks guys
2001.5 B5S4 500awhp gutted track car
2002 WJ Limited
4.7 HO, 6.5" LA, 37's, JK 44's SOLD
CaribouLouWJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.