Low Pressure AC Port on 3.0 CRD - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Low Pressure AC Port on 3.0 CRD

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 06-26-2013, 06:44 AM   #1
torquey
2008 WK 

Low Pressure AC Port on 3.0 CRD

Hey guys,

I'm having trouble locating my low pressure AC port for a R-134-a top up. I've searched through here and found some information but for gassers. The port I called out in the picture is coming from the larger of the two tubes coming off the firewall. Is this right?

For some reason I can't attach a jpeg to this post. I've even shrunk it down to 56K.

Is the port front and center in the engine bay? Over/slightly behind the radiator shroud?

'08 CRD 3.0, Overland, Grey, 70k miles, QDII, GDE Hot tune, black gasket intake, OME Medium Duty lift, BFG All Terrains 265/70 R17, 1.5" SpiderTrax, 4XGuard Sliders, DPF delete and Resonator about to get installed.
torquey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 08:12 AM   #2
torquey
2008 WK 

I can send the picture to anyone that cares to see it. I can not upload pictures though.
'08 CRD 3.0, Overland, Grey, 70k miles, QDII, GDE Hot tune, black gasket intake, OME Medium Duty lift, BFG All Terrains 265/70 R17, 1.5" SpiderTrax, 4XGuard Sliders, DPF delete and Resonator about to get installed.
Unread 06-26-2013, 08:25 AM   #3
jamie1131
2006 WK 

When stood looking at the car the high pressure port is on your left at the side of the radiator.
The low port is dead centre, partially obscured by the engine cover.
jamie1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #4
torquey
2008 WK 

Thanks. That's what I thought. Thank you for confirming.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.