Looking for a WK with 5.7 & QDII - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Looking for a WK with 5.7 & QDII

Save 17.76% for the 4th of july with ruffstuff specialtiesLubeLocker clearance sale on D35 and C8.25" gasketsRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 05-13-2015, 06:21 AM   #1
Jimbo_IX
2006 WK 

Looking for a WK with 5.7 & QDII

I'm a long time WJ owner looking to get a WK. I want to get one with the 5.7l and the QDII. I'm finding it difficult to find that combo without all the fancy "bells & whistles" (wood grain, leather, power everything, etc.).

I dont want a Cadillac, just want a basic jeep. All I have found are Limited editions & Overlands optioned to the max.

Am I searching for the Holy Grail? Are there any Laredos with the 5.7 & QDII? Or, am I just going to have all the fanciness?

Thanks for your input.

Jimbo_IX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2015, 07:21 AM   #2
cobra259
2006 WK 

You can get a Laredo with a 4.7. But the only way to get a 5.7 Hemi is a Limited or Overland. I LOVE my limited, you will too.
Unread 05-13-2015, 07:40 AM   #3
caddydaddy
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo_IX View Post
I dont want a Cadillac, just want a basic jeep. All I have found are Limited editions & Overlands optioned to the max.
I hear ya! I am shocked at how many luxury features my Limited has! It has more gadgets and gizmos than my 2005 Escalade!
173,000+ miles!
caddydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2015, 09:52 AM   #4
corswandtm
2007 WK 

My buddy has a 2010 Laredo with Hemi and QDII. Leather, nav, sunroof but not the dual zone climate controls or any of the interior wood or exterior chrome trim.

165k highway only miles. Sales rep. For sale.
Unread 05-13-2015, 12:25 PM   #5
modernblueWK

Look for a 2010 laredo. The hemi's were in the "Laredo X" leather, sunroof. Usually QT2 in the laredos.
Blue WK club #4
modernblueWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2015, 01:46 PM   #6
Bangarng

Hey man. The last year of the WK (2010) was the only option to get a Laredo with the HEMI. They also dropped the 4.7 that year. What that being said the 2010 Laredo HEMI is going to be the most basic for what you want. Good luck finding one too. It took me 4 months to find mine and there were only 4 others in the US for sale at the time!
Bangarng is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2015, 04:32 PM   #7
Jimbo_IX
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangarng View Post
Hey man. I last year of the WK (2010) was the only option to get a Laredo with the HEMI. They also dropped the 4.7 that year. What that being said the 2010 Laredo HEMI is going to be the most basic for what you want. Good luck finding one too. It took me 4 months to find mine and there were only 4 others in the US for sale at the time!
The HEMIs are hard to come by here in TX. I finally found an Overland for sale. Not real crazy about all the fluffy, foo-foo stuff.....
Unread 05-14-2015, 08:41 AM   #8
Bangarng

Quote:
The HEMIs are hard to come by here in TX. I finally found an Overland for sale. Not real crazy about all the fluffy, foo-foo stuff.....
LOL. Is wood grain trim even cool anymore?
Unread 05-14-2015, 10:12 AM   #9
Jimbo_IX
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangarng View Post
LOL. Is wood grain trim even cool anymore?

I did end up buying the Overland. Was too good a deal to pass up.

I may have to plasti-dip over everything!
Unread 05-15-2015, 09:13 AM   #10
Bangarng

Quote:
I did end up buying the Overland. Was too good a deal to pass up.

I may have to plasti-dip over everything!
Congrats on your purchase!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.