Looking into a WK. Advice appreciated - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Looking into a WK. Advice appreciated

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-09-2012, 03:22 AM   #1
DillsburgXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Looking into a WK. Advice appreciated

So I've got a 2000 xj cherokee with approx 80,000 miles on it. I love it, but found a 2005 WK limited that is fully loaded. The wk has 3" lift and a nice wheel/tire combo. It also has the hemi. The kicker is that it has 130,000 miles on it. As iI am an xj guy, what issues should I look for? Any common problems you guys are seeing in the wk? Should I be concerned about the mileage? Is this a move I should even consider? All input appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Iron Rock double shear track bar
Crown HD Steering upgrade
C-Rok steering brace...
DillsburgXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2012, 06:19 AM   #2
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

That is a nice wk! Just saw them post it on facebook the other day. They're the guys that installed my lift for me and they're really nice guys so you can prob negotiate the price down a little. I went to rausch creek with them last month and the wk is definitely awesome offroad! I have not run into any issues with mine but mine only has 85k on it. people are always posting threads about what to look for when buying, so I'd search around to see what others have said, the info is already on here somewhere I'm sure
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2012, 08:34 AM   #3
GPERSCREEPERS99

Quote:
Originally Posted by DillsburgXJ View Post
So I've got a 2000 xj cherokee with approx 80,000 miles on it. I love it, but found a 2005 WK limited that is fully loaded. The wk has 3" lift and a nice wheel/tire combo. It also has the hemi. The kicker is that it has 130,000 miles on it. As iI am an xj guy, what issues should I look for? Any common problems you guys are seeing in the wk? Should I be concerned about the mileage? Is this a move I should even consider? All input appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I like my 05 wk but miss my XJ. With only 80k on the xj I would keep it.

I'm gonna get flamed I'm sure for saying this but the the Xj is just a better vehicle. Yes it rides more rough and lacks creature comforts but nobody could deny that they are one of the longest lasting vehicles period. I am still one of those guys who prefers solid axles and leaf springs or coils on solid axles. If you were closer I would buy your XJ because with only 80k on it I could probably drive it another 15 years or more with minimal issues.
12 Grand Cherokee Wife's Daily Driver
GPERSCREEPERS99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #4
DillsburgXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks. I found some info but it wasn't meant to be anyway. It sold shortly before I got down there. I wasn't convinced I wanted to part with the xj. If the right one comes along, maybe ill be ready.
Iron Rock double shear track bar
Crown HD Steering upgrade
C-Rok steering brace...
DillsburgXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.