Looking for 'Diode' method for tail lights... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Looking for 'Diode' method for tail lights...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 08-01-2013, 03:36 AM   #1
hdsport
2008 WK 

Looking for 'Diode' method for tail lights...

I just picked up my 'new' 2008 Jeep GC Limited and I need to set it up for towing.
I want to set up my tail lights so I can just plug in my 4 connector to my MH and the tail lights will work with the MH.

I know there are diodes involved and some wireing involved.

SO, can anyone point me to a write-up or give me instructions of how to do this?

I know there is a lot of info in this forum and it has NEVER failed me in the past.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Regards,
Paul

PS: I DO NOT want to go through the magnetic lights for a Jeep that is this nice.
Less to carry with me, also.
Thanks.......

In God We Trust
hdsport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2013, 09:55 AM   #2
robpp

biggest issue is if the wiring in your MH matches your WK.

08 WK has the brake and blink signal all in one wire. then a park wire and a ground. its called a 2 wire system.
Does your MH have the same wires.......if it has the brake and the blink seperate then besides diodes you need a box to break up that signal.

they sell boxes that do it but you need to know if you NEED it.
Rob 007 Laredo 4.7 FFV 27X; DeBadg'd; Zaino'd; SRT8 Grill, Pedals, Strut; ClearBra; WeatherTech; LED Reverse; HIR Hi/Lo; SS Fog; Stealth Turns; 15% Tint; Stubbie; Rear Spoiler; Magnaflow; V1; 22Elite Console/Visors; Body Kit; Color Match Everything; TintedTails; K&N 63; Front Skid; QuickOilDrainValve; BatteryTender; SuperChips 91; Bilstein; Billet Window Switches; Greasable Addco Sways; RamMedic Hood; Fastman TB; BWoody Links; Kicker Upgrade w/Single Sub; AVIC F90BT Hacked; NeffyWrap ABCD; Putco LEDs; Viper 20s w/255/50; R1 Slot/Dimple w/Hawk Pro Ceramic; Whistler Mod w/FlashTech Halos
robpp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2013, 05:33 PM   #3
fred99x
2008 WK 

There are kits available to do this. Most RV places should be able to help you out. Here is an example: http://www.etrailer.com/Tow-Bar-Wiri...ins/38955.html
fred99x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.