Looking for 'Diode' method for tail lights... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Looking for 'Diode' method for tail lights...

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-01-2013, 03:36 AM   #1
hdsport
2008 WK 

Looking for 'Diode' method for tail lights...

I just picked up my 'new' 2008 Jeep GC Limited and I need to set it up for towing.
I want to set up my tail lights so I can just plug in my 4 connector to my MH and the tail lights will work with the MH.

I know there are diodes involved and some wireing involved.

SO, can anyone point me to a write-up or give me instructions of how to do this?

I know there is a lot of info in this forum and it has NEVER failed me in the past.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Regards,
Paul

PS: I DO NOT want to go through the magnetic lights for a Jeep that is this nice.
Less to carry with me, also.
Thanks.......

In God We Trust
hdsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 09:55 AM   #2
robpp

biggest issue is if the wiring in your MH matches your WK.

08 WK has the brake and blink signal all in one wire. then a park wire and a ground. its called a 2 wire system.
Does your MH have the same wires.......if it has the brake and the blink seperate then besides diodes you need a box to break up that signal.

they sell boxes that do it but you need to know if you NEED it.
Rob 007 Laredo 4.7 FFV 27X; DeBadg'd; Zaino'd; SRT8 Grill, Pedals, Strut; ClearBra; WeatherTech; LED Reverse; HIR Hi/Lo; SS Fog; Stealth Turns; 15% Tint; Stubbie; Rear Spoiler; Magnaflow; V1; 22Elite Console/Visors; Body Kit; Color Match Everything; TintedTails; K&N 63; Front Skid; QuickOilDrainValve; BatteryTender; SuperChips 91; Bilstein; Billet Window Switches; Greasable Addco Sways; RamMedic Hood; Fastman TB; BWoody Links; Kicker Upgrade w/Single Sub; AVIC F90BT Hacked; NeffyWrap ABCD; Putco LEDs; Viper 20s w/255/50; R1 Slot/Dimple w/Hawk Pro Ceramic; Whistler Mod w/FlashTech Halos
robpp is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 05:33 PM   #3
fred99x
2008 WK 

There are kits available to do this. Most RV places should be able to help you out. Here is an example: http://www.etrailer.com/Tow-Bar-Wiri...ins/38955.html
fred99x is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.