Looking to buy an 05/06 WK - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 08-03-2013, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
Looking to buy an 05/06 WK

I am considering selling my wifes 2011 GMC Terrain and buying an 05 or 06 WK. We recently had our first kid and she is staying home. We don't really feel like carrying the payment on one salary and have some equity in the terrain.

I read the "buying a WK" sticky, and it seems like the thing I need to check most for is the 4 wheel drive, and electrical systems.

How reliable are these Jeeps? Any idea what they should be selling for these days? Should I be concerned about purchasing one with about 100k miles on it?

Thanks y'all

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 Old 08-03-2013, 10:44 AM
2005 WK 
Just purchased mine in 12/12 with 99k. So far, only had the power steering line replaced and, after much back and forth, the 'service 4wd' light replaced under warranty. As long as the Jeep has been taken care of and you replace the normal things at 100k, it should last you for quite some time. Just make sure you do your homework and get a feel for them. Plenty of info on this forum if you ever have an issue.

Depending on your needs, I'd go with a limited or an 06 Overland for an upgraded interior and a few more perks.

2005 Silver WK 5.7L Hemi

Silver WK club #69

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.