Looking at a 2006 5.7L - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Looking at a 2006 5.7L

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 04-26-2013, 06:30 PM   #16
90grandoneer
2006 WK 

Best to order them on line, but they're still around $150 (a ripoff) on there. Once in a while you may find a sale on them too. There are also bootleg copies floating around, if you're into that. Whatever you do, don't go to the stealer for one. They'd probably want $500 for it.

06 GCO, Dk Khaki, QDII, Flshing Hi 3rd Bk Lt, MDS "ON" Lt, Airtab Vortex Gens, Debadged, Fumoto Drain Valve, BT Catch Can, Chopped EGR Tube, SRT8 CAI, K&N Filter, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tune App, DS Tuner, Cust tubular hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvr, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cam/6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK true 90mm T-Body, SOS Ign Coils w/.060 spark plug gaps, SRT Reps with 265/45&295/40X20's.
90grandoneer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #17
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Just upgrade your head unit to an MYGIG RHR! I retrofitted a low speed RER like 8 months ago into my 2005 WK HEMI but upgraded to a low speed RHR because it has a lot of improved features, better maps than the REC and most important to me at least it has wireless Bluetooth music streaming!
Billybcpt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 06:27 AM   #18
lafacej
2004 WJ 

Just to keep this updated it eat drove the 06 last night and it was a bad ride. AC didn't work was the first thing I noticed, it blew warm air no matter the setting. Next, I shifted into reverse to back out of the spot and there was no problem then going to drive took about 5 seconds before the shift was made which was a big clunk. Also, the brakes squeezed pretty badly and looked like none of them had much life left. Overall, a no go on the sale.

Luckily I'm looking at a dark green 05 limited with less miles (82k). All the same features as the one I just looked at just less miles. Any opinions in the dark green? Initially, I wasn't a fan but I think it's growing on me.
lafacej is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #19
Jaashua
2005 WK 

Who cares about the color as long as it runs better than that other one.

Sent from my Samsung S2 using JeepForum
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 03:00 PM   #20
lafacej
2004 WJ 

Color has some weight on the deal haha. But unfortunately, it sold today. Bad luck I guess. I'll continue my search
Unread 04-30-2013, 07:16 PM   #21
Jaashua
2005 WK 

Well I love mine so much I would drive it even if it was multicolored. Luckily it is a nice beryl green.
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 07:35 PM   #22
lafacej
2004 WJ 

Looked at another Jeep today, a really clean 2005 with the 5.7 L Hemi. It's a bright red color and has all the same features as the other one that sold. It has just under 100k on the clock and is going pretty cheap so I may move on it. Only flaw on it was the chrome trim piece on the back bumper was popped out and I couldn't get it back in. He is putting 4 new tires on it and inspecting it tomorrow so hopefully I can mine sold and buy it! Man the HEMI is so much more fun than the 4.0L!
Unread 05-13-2013, 08:15 PM   #23
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafacej
Looked at another Jeep today, a really clean 2005 with the 5.7 L Hemi. It's a bright red color and has all the same features as the other one that sold. It has just under 100k on the clock and is going pretty cheap so I may move on it. Only flaw on it was the chrome trim piece on the back bumper was popped out and I couldn't get it back in. He is putting 4 new tires on it and inspecting it tomorrow so hopefully I can mine sold and buy it! Man the HEMI is so much more fun than the 4.0L!
Um yes, YES IT is!
Unread 05-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #24
lafacej
2004 WJ 

I though the price was very low on this Jeep. It's a 2005 limited with quadra drive II and the 5.7 L Hemi. It has EVERY option I believe - NAV, rear DVD, tow hooks, chrome wheels, sunroof, adjustable pedals, memory seats and mirrors, tow package, heated seats, I assume the premium sound system, etc, etc. Just under 100k miles and the body is nearly perfect with brand new tires. They're selling it for 8500 cash. The only rust I saw underneath was on the metal prices that extended next to the spare tire and attached to the rear bumper cover (not sure what they're called) but it was only surface rust which I expect for a PA vehicle.
Unread 05-13-2013, 09:49 PM   #25
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafacej
I though the price was very low on this Jeep. It's a 2005 limited with quadra drive II and the 5.7 L Hemi. It has EVERY option I believe - NAV, rear DVD, tow hooks, chrome wheels, sunroof, adjustable pedals, memory seats and mirrors, tow package, heated seats, I assume the premium sound system, etc, etc. Just under 100k miles and the body is nearly perfect with brand new tires. They're selling it for 8500 cash. The only rust I saw underneath was on the metal prices that extended next to the spare tire and attached to the rear bumper cover (not sure what they're called) but it was only surface rust which I expect for a PA vehicle.
Holy **** if you don't buy it, I will! Did you drive it? Did you check the engine bay, door jambs, etc? May be hidden issues. Also check the lift gate area it's prone to rust.
Unread 05-13-2013, 10:40 PM   #26
lafacej
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybcpt

Holy **** if you don't buy it, I will! Did you drive it? Did you check the engine bay, door jambs, etc? May be hidden issues. Also check the lift gate area it's prone to rust.
Drove it about 12 miles and it seemed really strong. A little big of noise from the rear drivers side, I assume a suspension issue which isn't a big deal. Checked under all doors And lift gate as well as rockers, etc. engine bay was just cleaned so it was hard to tell much of anything really but they hasn't even serviced it yet and the oil was fresh looking. It has had ALL services done at a local dealer
Unread 07-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #27
lafacej
2004 WJ 

Sorry to revive this old thread but I didn't end up buying that one due to a sketchy carfax. Selling my WJ tomorrow morning and going to get my black 2005 WK limited 4.7l on Saturday! The jeep is immaculate and has 91k miles. Found it for 8500 which I believe is a good deal. Has all the nice features except for NAV. Any advice on the newer 4.7?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.