Looking at 07 CRD - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Looking at 07 CRD

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-27-2013, 06:23 AM   #16
Blue_Sassley
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamball View Post
Just looked for the cut off switch and negative. No blank buttons on the remotes as well. I read on a older forum where this guy had it listed on his window sticker as well and took it to the dealership and they installed it for him. I dont remember how old it was but I'm sure they would not do anything for me since I'm the third owner and its 7 years old.
Sorry to hear about that. When I got my CRD it was the opposite, I found a couple of things that weren't listed in the AD, I found I had auto start, the power inventor, there was a brand new hitch in the back cubby, iPod integration and a couple of other things.

1997 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L - ST - Stock (Wreaked)
Blue_Sassley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #17
zamball
2009 JK Wrangler 

Since Sunday with a four hour drive back home and city driving I'm seeing 15.0 MPG according to the dash. I have not figured out how many miles as the wife did not reset any of the trips. What are you guys getting with the fuel blend right now?
Unread 11-28-2013, 08:38 AM   #18
Drudgery1971

2007 WK 

07 CRD with 104k and getting 21 average mixed driving. Something is not right at 15 MPG - either EVIC has completely lost its mind (it's always off a little) or there really is an issue. I have always thought that although winter blend probably yields worse mileage - the much colder ourside air offsets it a little in performance. Can't prove a bit of it but just my thinking.
Unread 11-29-2013, 08:57 PM   #19
zamball
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drudgery1971 View Post
07 CRD with 104k and getting 21 average mixed driving. Something is not right at 15 MPG - either EVIC has completely lost its mind (it's always off a little) or there really is an issue. I have always thought that although winter blend probably yields worse mileage - the much colder ourside air offsets it a little in performance. Can't prove a bit of it but just my thinking.
I am resetting everything for my trip this weekend. I hope I see better results. I'm with you on the cold air.
Unread 12-01-2013, 05:43 PM   #20
zamball
2009 JK Wrangler 

I hooked up my Bully Dog GT from my JK and was able to read the settings of the WK. According to it I got 21 MPG and the Jeep's computer said I got 16 MPG.

Typically in the JK its the other way around with the tuner. I see around 15 MPG on the Bully Dog and 18ish on the JK's computer.

I'm glad to see a higher MPG on the Bully Dog on the WK. My goal is to get around 28-30 MPG on HWY.
Unread 12-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #21
RMC_xj
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamball View Post
I'm glad to see a higher MPG on the Bully Dog on the WK. My goal is to get around 28-30 MPG on HWY.
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but 28-30 in unrealistic for highways. At 65 mph on the highway, with GDE Eco tune, no lift, and stock tires, I'm able to see 24-25 MPG. If you want to hit 30 MPG, you'll have to troll along at 45 mph.
RMC_xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2013, 07:22 PM   #22
jaje
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMC_xj View Post
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but 28-30 in unrealistic for highways. At 65 mph on the highway, with GDE Eco tune, no lift, and stock tires, I'm able to see 24-25 MPG. If you want to hit 30 MPG, you'll have to troll along at 45 mph.
It maybe possible if you get a different rear end and go to 2wd only mode.
#74 Exocet - NASA ST3 / E0
jaje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2013, 07:32 PM   #23
zamball
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMC_xj View Post
Well I will shoot for 25 then lol. 3+ more MPG more than where I'm at. I'm not going to throw a different rear end or give up the 4 wheel drive.

Its getting better milage than my JK right now.
Things I'm thinking of doing:
K&N drop in
Going to Nitrogen in all 5 tires
DPF Delete
GDE Tune

I hope with all of those I can get a little more MPG.
Unread 12-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #24
Blue_Sassley
2008 WK 

I just finished my GDE Ecotune and DPF delete about a month ago I have noticed a good increase in MPG 2 maybe 3 MPG, the problem is its also hunting season where I'm at so I put a ton of miles idling down the road and also its getting to be the 50/50 mixed of #1 and #2 diesel here so that is throwing everything off on top of it. I did have a trip to CO a month ago and averaged 22 MPG running 80-85 MPH, on the way back with about a 30 to 40 MPH side wind I was still doing anywhere from 19.5 to 21.5 at the same speeds. I can't wait for May to come when we switch back to straight #2 up here.

Blue
Unread 12-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #25
zamball
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Sassley View Post
I just finished my GDE Ecotune and DPF delete about a month ago I have noticed a good increase in MPG 2 maybe 3 MPG, the problem is its also hunting season where I'm at so I put a ton of miles idling down the road and also its getting to be the 50/50 mixed of #1 and #2 diesel here so that is throwing everything off on top of it. I did have a trip to CO a month ago and averaged 22 MPG running 80-85 MPH, on the way back with about a 30 to 40 MPH side wind I was still doing anywhere from 19.5 to 21.5 at the same speeds. I can't wait for May to come when we switch back to straight #2 up here.

Blue
Why did you go with the Ecotune and not the Hot tune? I always drive 65 or 75 depending on the speed limit. I don't speed, i can't afford to get caught. I leave that up to the wife :-)
Unread 12-03-2013, 05:38 AM   #26
Blue_Sassley
2008 WK 

I went with the Eco vs the Hot because I think the Hot tune pushes everything way past its limits. Also because I think I'm one of the higher CRD's on the forums, I just rolled over 167,700 miles this morning and its still running good and strong. No need to hot rod it up.

Blue

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.