Looking at a '05 HEMI WK Price suggestions - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 07-21-2015, 01:06 AM Thread Starter
Dysfunction
2008 WK 

Looking at a '05 HEMI WK Price suggestions

Hey all, I'm a long time forum stalker, just not a huge poster. I currently drive a 1998 4.0 ZJ with 280,000ish miles on it. Still fairing quite well too, just getting to the point where maintenance out costs the cost of the vehicle..

I'm looking pretty heavily into WK's as I've always like them. I came across a 2005 WK Hemi Limited with 89,000 miles asking 10,000 obo. Hopefully looking at it in the next few days. Seems to be in fantastic shape, i'm just wondering if the pricing is in line with what these things go for. What should I offer without low balling? I have to keep in mind it's already 10 years old, but mileage is sub 100k.

I've already scouted the WK what to look for when buying section, and that is immensely helpful.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-21-2015, 08:17 AM
Anon155
2005 WK 

I have a 05 limited 5.7L that had every option but NAV, and the time I paid $11,200 for it almost 3 years ago. So 10,000 isn't too bad of a price. Is it private party or a dealer? That will be your biggest determining factor for how much lower you can get the price. If it's private party I'd probably come in at $8-8.5K and try to meet somewhere in the middle. If it's a dealer expect to pay over 9K, probably $9.5K. Dealers look at black book value for trade-ins, which means if my latest book is correct (Get them from a dealer friend), they probably have around $7K into it. They have to make a profit, which means they won't go much lower than that unfortunately.

05 Jeep Grand Cherokee: ORT 4X4; Khaki #55
Too many mod's to list...
post #3 of 5 Old 07-21-2015, 09:40 AM
RCS1300
2005 WK 

Go with Kelly Blue Book Values. That vehicle should have 124,000 miles on it by now so it is considered low miles.

Excellent condition is $8,292; very good condition is $7,656.

Considering the low miles I imagine a lot of people will be interested to own a $40,000 vehicle for 1/4 the price. My suggestion is to offer $10,000 and then pay what he wants if you want that vehicle especially if he is the original owner and maintained the vehicle. Virginia is not in the snow belt so rust should not be an issue. That is a big plus.

It is as important to learn about the owner(s) as it is to inspect the vehicle. A lot of people purchase these cars new and used and do not do the recommended scheduled maintenance because it is expensive. They will make up their own scheduled maintenance based on their available budget. Nothing wrong with that but realize if the maintenance is not done the vehicle will have a shorter useful live.

post #4 of 5 Old 07-21-2015, 11:10 AM
cobra259
2006 WK 

I bought a 2006 GC Limited Hemi. Every option but nav. 78,000 miles, I paid $11,400. That was almost 1 1/2 ago.

2006 GC Limited 5.7 Hemi Stone White BT c/can Mopar cold air
1995 Cobra Mustang Procharged
post #5 of 5 Old 08-03-2015, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Dysfunction
2008 WK 

Thanks for the responses. I've decided to hold off for now, have one of those weddin's coming up, and unless the perfect Wk falls in my lap I need to allot funds to that. Thanks for the insight, gives me a great idea of what could be a great deal if I see it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.