Long Crank,Engine Light,Throttle Light on 2008 WK CRD - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Long Crank,Engine Light,Throttle Light on 2008 WK CRD

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-04-2010, 09:32 AM   #1
CanDieselJeep
2008 WK 

Long Crank,Engine Light,Throttle Light on 2008 WK CRD

Wife went to drive my son to work and the GC cranked for 15 seconds before starting. When it finally started the throttle warning light and engine lights were on. She drove it to get him to school and shut it off to walk him in. When she came out it restarted like normal with no lights on.

Just a minor hiccup or is there a more serious problem lurking here?

By the way it only has 32000km on it and it has never had any previous problems!

CanDieselJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2010, 09:18 PM   #2
Funtuzzi
2008 WK 

That has happened to my wife as well. Similar scenario. Turned the Jeep off, did her business, went back to the truck.......started normal, no dash lights, and has never happened since.

One other time, I also got a MIL light for crank position sensor. Engine was running fine. Cleared the code with my OBD II scanner, and never re-appeared.

I have 16 000 km's, and other than that has been running well. Must be a hiccup of some sort, like you said.
Funtuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.