Little Survey - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Little Survey

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 12-02-2005, 09:33 AM   #1
Slimer

Little Survey

Off all of you that forked out the cash for these: who plans on actually spending more to lift, skid, tire, and wheel in the Commander?

I only ask because this almost seems like a cross of H2, H3, and Land Rover with Jeep slapped on the title.

04 X - 5sp - 2" Skyjacker w/ hydros - Homemade Discos - Jeeperman Rear bumper w/Viking Shackles - KC Slim Fogs - KC Slim Long Range with windshield mounts - OEM tow hooks - Navman GPS - Mini phantom LED blue light - Cobra CB - ArizonaRockyRoad CB Mount - 4' Firestik 2 - 8 ball shifter - Husky floor liners - Neoprene seat covers - Pioneer DEH-7700MP Deck - Infiniti Kappa 5.25" - Infiniti Refrence 4x6" plates - Bestop Bikini/Windjammer/Deck Cover
Slimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2005, 10:59 AM   #2
SYCOHEMI

For $10,000 - $15,000 less than a LR3, I figure that left a lot of room for upgrades.

I installed a full set of skid plates.

I'm working with an air filter company and an exhaust company to prototype those parts for my Commander.

I added a remote start system, Clifford Matrix.

Trying to decide whether to lift and what tires to put on.

Rock Rails are on order at the dealer.
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
SYCOHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2005, 12:14 PM   #3
SGilbert
2014 KL Cherokee 

No lift!
No skid plates---they scoop & hold snow and road salt!
Already have chromed factory wheels.
No tires until the stocks wear out!

Added radar detector---anyone have an idea where in the rearview mirror area I can tap into 12v wires that is switched to the ingition?

Will be adding remote start ASAP.

Bought Jeep slush mats ($69) & 1 extra rear DVD infrared set of headphones ($45) from dealer.

BTW: Trust me--this is NO H2! Just came off of one.
Unread 12-02-2005, 01:10 PM   #4
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGilbert
No lift!
No skid plates---they scoop & hold snow and road salt!
Already have chromed factory wheels.
No tires until the stocks wear out!

Added radar detector---anyone have an idea where in the rearview mirror area I can tap into 12v wires that is switched to the ingition?

Will be adding remote start ASAP.

Bought Jeep slush mats ($69) & 1 extra rear DVD infrared set of headphones ($45) from dealer.

BTW: Trust me--this is NO H2! Just came off of one.
It is pretty easy to take off the front bezel around the cigarette lighters, tap into that power and run it up under the steering column/above the pedals, up the A-pilar, and next to the windshield along the roof. Took me 10 minutes to run mine up there (granted I have a WJ, same principle).
Unread 12-02-2005, 09:10 PM   #5
SYCOHEMI

Bought the slush mats too, I like 'em. Pretty rugged. Good deal for the price.

Bought the sunshade. Pretty cheezy and kind of ugly, but it works.
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 12-22-2005, 10:11 PM   #6
INTREPER

Where are you guys finding accesories? I haven't had any luck finding anything for it.
INTREPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2005, 11:49 PM   #7
SYCOHEMI

A couple sources for Factory Accessories:

Blue Bonnet Jeep

All Things Jeep

Gibson Performance should have an exhaust soon, and K&N should have an Air Injection Kit soon. They used my vehicle as a prototype.

The Raingler Net that you see installed, was installed by me.

I tried to get the Rock Rails from my local dealer, ordered them in October 2005, but was just advised that they are now expected in Feb 2006. I cancelled my back order.
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 12-23-2005, 09:45 AM   #8
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Go for aftermarket rock rails if you want them to be more functional. The Jeep RR aren't bad, but are better ones out there.
Unread 12-23-2005, 09:55 AM   #9
SYCOHEMI

Thanks for the advice. The Jeep RR's weren't cheap either. Do you know if any of the aftermarket suppliers currently have Rock Rails in production?
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 12-23-2005, 11:03 AM   #10
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Hmm, I forgot I am looking at XK's and not WK's...Do you know if the wheelbase is the same between the two? If so I imagine that Rocky Road's rockers would fit...available here: http://www.rocky-road.com/grandrockrail.html

I suggest calling them and asking about them to make sure they'll work on an XK though. Cost is $295.

Unread 12-27-2005, 03:29 PM   #11
cacmndr

Planning on doing a lift and tires for sure. Intake and Exhaust will come first

My other toy, "COAL DUMPER"
01 Dodge CTD HO 2500 4x4 Quad Cab Sport LB, Edge Comp,175 hp Injectors, Haisley Street Drag, Silencer Ring MIA, BD Short Shift, FASS, AFE Mega Cannon, A- Pillar, Stewart Warner Boost, Exhaust & Fuel Pressure Gauges, Straight Pipe, Billet Locking Fuel Door, Grill, Silverstars, 2" Day Star Spacers, Bilstein shocks, BFG 35/12.50/18, Pioneer in dash DVD w/ Rockford Fosgate Subs & Amps [/COLOR][/FONT]
cacmndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2005, 05:49 PM   #12
INTREPER

I'm planning on doing intake and exhaust for sure, and maybe a nice pair of 20's that I can use for daily driving. Then I can throw the stockers back on for wheeling.
INTREPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2005, 07:31 PM   #13
solarpower
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Not sure yet about modding the commander. I have a Rubicon so it will be alot of coin in mods if the wife wants to follow.

I do like the way they look when lifted, so time will tell. I do anticipate some performance mods for my 4.7 since it will be a towing vehicle. Just because I have a commander AND a rubicon does'nt mean I got money out the wazoo.... hence no Hemi.

Yes it's an suv. (my god I own one now....even the XJ was a "station wagon") I will be soccor dad, grocery getting, and enjoying every bit of comfort in my urban assault vehicle.

compared to any H anything...... lol..... pick your poison.........XK on road= much better ride.......TJ or CJ off road= don't take your H anything offroad, not where I'm going, it's gonna hurt.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.