LilOmelet's (The Punisher) Build Thread - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > LilOmelet's (The Punisher) Build Thread

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!

Unread 01-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #76
06JeepXKHEMI
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Nice rig! Ive always wondered though with those Volant intakes, where is the air inlet?

Unread 01-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #77
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Sucks in air where the stock one does.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2013, 08:16 PM   #78
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZF1FR
Nice rig!
Could you tell me the PN of your front skid?
Sorry I never ended up getting that PN, I was a lot more busy than I thought. I saw that my brother was able to help you out though.
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2013, 08:30 PM   #79
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Just for done upgrading the low beams and fogs. Went with the 9012 Phillips HIR2's for the low beams, since I still don't have the money to do a full upgrade to HID's. I also went with 3000k HIDs in the fogs and those are amazing! Definitely a huge difference in the fogs and a nice little increase in the low beams. Here's a few before and after picks.
image-3374711961.jpg   image-384253087.jpg  
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
Unread 01-14-2013, 09:09 PM   #80
jjt250
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilOmelet View Post
Sorry I never ended up getting that PN, I was a lot more busy than I thought. I saw that my brother was able to help you out though.
Nope that was me!

ZF1FR, check out Omelet's build thread for some more info and feel free to PM me on what other info I found. However, I'm pretty the part number your looking for is 542058.
Unread 01-15-2013, 12:01 AM   #81
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjt250

Nope that was me!

ZF1FR, check out Omelet's build thread for some more info and feel free to PM me on what other info I found. However, I'm pretty the part number your looking for is 542058.
Ya, my bad. Thanks for helping us out!
Unread 01-17-2013, 03:16 PM   #82
Timcrd
2012 WK 

Jeeps looking good man I wish the rest of my family were into jeeps as much as you guys are lol !!
Timcrd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2013, 09:09 PM   #83
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timcrd
Jeeps looking good man I wish the rest of my family were into jeeps as much as you guys are lol !!
Haha, thanks, i always like to here that! It all started with Nathan. Ever since he got his first Cherokee I was hooked!
Unread 01-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #84
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Haha! Yep then you and dad just couldn't resist

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2013, 07:39 PM   #85
anthonyribeca

I really like the bed liner moldings
anthonyribeca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2013, 02:22 AM   #86
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyribeca
I really like the bed liner moldings
Well thank you. I really like how they turned out. It took forever, but that's because it was my second time doing it so I made sure to do it well so I didn't have to do it a third. So far it has been 8 months, not even a scratch or chip!
Unread 01-20-2013, 06:14 AM   #87
05armywk
2005 WK 

Did you spray anything on the mouldings prior to the bed liner?
05armywk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #88
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05armywk
Did you spray anything on the mouldings prior to the bed liner?
No, I went through and roughed them up with sandpaper, I think it was 150 or 180 grit, then I gave them a bath in rubbing alcohol and let them dry and then I sprayed them with dupli-color's new bed liner. I'm sure you could probably spray some adhesion promoter, I thought of that, but didn't know how the bed liner would react with it.
Unread 01-21-2013, 01:23 AM   #89
05armywk
2005 WK 

Oh okay thanks. Yeah I was wondering because about 2 months back I sprayed my front grill and front bug visor in bed liner and it lasted great for a little then one small rain and it started peaking really bad. I guess I'll have to strip down and do over. Thanks for the help love your wk!!!
05armywk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 04:56 AM   #90
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05armywk
Oh okay thanks. Yeah I was wondering because about 2 months back I sprayed my front grill and front bug visor in bed liner and it lasted great for a little then one small rain and it started peaking really bad. I guess I'll have to strip down and do over. Thanks for the help love your wk!!!
Thanks! No problem. The first time I did it it all started chipping away after about 2 months. I used a different bed liner (which obviously didn't work as well). Just take your time and be sure to put on at least 4-5 coats.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.