LilOmelet's (The Punisher) Build Thread - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > LilOmelet's (The Punisher) Build Thread

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-16-2012, 06:43 PM   #61
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilOmelet View Post
Went out yesterday and had a lot of fun. It was the first time that I actually gave the WK a real test and I was extremely impressed! This thing is a beast, Now that I know that there is a decent ORV park in the area I will be going more often. Oh and the Nitto Trail Grapplers are amazing, these things griped so well on any surface I put them on! The pics are all of a ravine I found and spent about an hour trying to crawl down just a 200 ft. area! I had a noob spotting me plus since it was my first time with this jeep I didn't know all my clearance and angles yet. I ended up scraping the pinch well a couple times where I should have sliders, but nothing a hammer won't bend back into shape. I never ended up getting stuck, not even close. I did have 3 people come by and ask if i needed help or a tow out, I just laughed and told them we're good.

Oh yes, very nice! Finally getting out and using her I see. Did you scrape anywhere or was it a scare free adventure?

^^^ That needs to be your new avatar pic!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 05:24 PM   #62
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet

Oh yes, very nice! Finally getting out and using her I see. Did you scrape anywhere or was it a scare free adventure?

^^^ That needs to be your new avatar pic!
It scraped a couple times, but nothing too serious. It would have definitely been nice to have some sliders, that would have made it a little more care free! That front skid plate was definitely put to the test and past with flying colors!
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 08:35 PM   #63
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Nice! Good to here the skid is taking care of you. If rocker protection is something you are interested in, there is a group buy going on for the Steel Armadillo sliders like what I have. Not sure how tight money is for you right now, but is will be a good deal for some great sliders.

Unread 10-17-2012, 11:31 PM   #64
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet
Nice! Good to here the skid is taking care of you. If rocker protection is something you are interested in, there is a group buy going on for the Steel Armadillo sliders like what I have. Not sure how tight money is for you right now, but is will be a good deal for some great sliders.
Ya I saw that, but money is still too tight
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
Unread 10-18-2012, 01:47 AM   #65
Hefe811

I see that thing on base all the time! I'm rocking an 06' Overland... Wondering if maybe we can meet up and you can't show me a few things? Where do you go around Spokane?
Hefe811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 03:51 AM   #66
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe811
I see that thing on base all the time! I'm rocking an 06' Overland... Wondering if maybe we can meet up and you can't show me a few things? Where do you go around Spokane?
Haha, what color is yours? I've been keeping my eye on a few of them. Is yours the black one? The only place I've been since I've been here is the ORV park off old trails road, a couple miles from base. I'm always up for meeting a fellow WK.
Unread 10-18-2012, 07:04 AM   #67
Hefe811

Black 06' Overland. Not to follow you but I find your truck at the Gym all the time. Oakley sticker was the giveaway. I threw black rims on mine but the wife kaboshed the lift for now. ...gotta schmooze to get those upgrades going.
Hefe811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 11:58 AM   #68
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Black 06' Overland. Not to follow you but I find your truck at the Gym all the time. Oakley sticker was the giveaway. I threw black rims on mine but the wife kaboshed the lift for now. ...gotta schmooze to get those upgrades going.
Ya I know what u mean. I only have a little 2" lift, the wife hates it when I spend money on it. She just laughs whenever I talk about putting the super lift on. Anyways, I'm up for meeting sometime, I'm on swing shift though so it might be a little difficult, but I'm sure we can make it happen.
Unread 10-18-2012, 10:38 PM   #69
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Awesome! Just another reason I love this forum! Nothing like finding and meeting up with fellow WKers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilOmelet
Ya I know what u mean. I only have a little 2" lift, the wife hates it when I spend money on it. She just laughs whenever I talk about putting the super lift on.
Haha, I was there once! Stay persistent and she will come around

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using JeepForum

Unread 11-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #70
zeds_dead
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilOmelet

Ya I know what u mean. I only have a little 2" lift, the wife hates it when I spend money on it. She just laughs whenever I talk about putting the super lift on. Anyways, I'm up for meeting sometime, I'm on swing shift though so it might be a little difficult, but I'm sure we can make it happen.
Trust me....I know what you mean....
Unread 01-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #71
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Build it to use it, I like it.

Just went through the build - nice. The Asfir skid and the Nittos - me likey.

You need more armor.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 03:17 AM   #72
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC
Build it to use it, I like it.

Just went through the build - nice. The Asfir skid and the Nittos - me likey.

You need more armor.
Thanks man. You're right, I do need more armor, it is on the to do list. Armor is expensive so I have been doing the smaller mods. Hopefully I will be able to afford more after my deployment.
Unread 01-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #73
ZF1FR
2007 WK 

Nice rig!
Could you tell me the PN of your front skid?
ZF1FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 06:05 PM   #74
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZF1FR
Nice rig!
Could you tell me the PN of your front skid?
Thanks! I'll try to get that for u tomorrow.
Unread 01-11-2013, 06:15 PM   #75
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

So I forgot to throw this in my thread. My amazing wife decided to support my jeep fetish and got me the Volant CAI for christmas that I've been wanting since forever. I threw it in about two weeks ago and love it! I definitely notice an increase in throttle response and a couple extra horses. Not to mention I got rid of at least 5 pounds after taking off the old setup!
image-3889911888.jpg  

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.