LilOmelet's (The Punisher) Build Thread - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > LilOmelet's (The Punisher) Build Thread

Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 10-16-2012, 06:43 PM   #61
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilOmelet View Post
Went out yesterday and had a lot of fun. It was the first time that I actually gave the WK a real test and I was extremely impressed! This thing is a beast, Now that I know that there is a decent ORV park in the area I will be going more often. Oh and the Nitto Trail Grapplers are amazing, these things griped so well on any surface I put them on! The pics are all of a ravine I found and spent about an hour trying to crawl down just a 200 ft. area! I had a noob spotting me plus since it was my first time with this jeep I didn't know all my clearance and angles yet. I ended up scraping the pinch well a couple times where I should have sliders, but nothing a hammer won't bend back into shape. I never ended up getting stuck, not even close. I did have 3 people come by and ask if i needed help or a tow out, I just laughed and told them we're good.

Oh yes, very nice! Finally getting out and using her I see. Did you scrape anywhere or was it a scare free adventure?

^^^ That needs to be your new avatar pic!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2012, 05:24 PM   #62
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet

Oh yes, very nice! Finally getting out and using her I see. Did you scrape anywhere or was it a scare free adventure?

^^^ That needs to be your new avatar pic!
It scraped a couple times, but nothing too serious. It would have definitely been nice to have some sliders, that would have made it a little more care free! That front skid plate was definitely put to the test and past with flying colors!
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2012, 08:35 PM   #63
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Nice! Good to here the skid is taking care of you. If rocker protection is something you are interested in, there is a group buy going on for the Steel Armadillo sliders like what I have. Not sure how tight money is for you right now, but is will be a good deal for some great sliders.

Unread 10-17-2012, 11:31 PM   #64
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet
Nice! Good to here the skid is taking care of you. If rocker protection is something you are interested in, there is a group buy going on for the Steel Armadillo sliders like what I have. Not sure how tight money is for you right now, but is will be a good deal for some great sliders.
Ya I saw that, but money is still too tight
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
Unread 10-18-2012, 01:47 AM   #65
Hefe811

I see that thing on base all the time! I'm rocking an 06' Overland... Wondering if maybe we can meet up and you can't show me a few things? Where do you go around Spokane?
Hefe811 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2012, 03:51 AM   #66
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe811
I see that thing on base all the time! I'm rocking an 06' Overland... Wondering if maybe we can meet up and you can't show me a few things? Where do you go around Spokane?
Haha, what color is yours? I've been keeping my eye on a few of them. Is yours the black one? The only place I've been since I've been here is the ORV park off old trails road, a couple miles from base. I'm always up for meeting a fellow WK.
Unread 10-18-2012, 07:04 AM   #67
Hefe811

Black 06' Overland. Not to follow you but I find your truck at the Gym all the time. Oakley sticker was the giveaway. I threw black rims on mine but the wife kaboshed the lift for now. ...gotta schmooze to get those upgrades going.
Hefe811 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2012, 11:58 AM   #68
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Black 06' Overland. Not to follow you but I find your truck at the Gym all the time. Oakley sticker was the giveaway. I threw black rims on mine but the wife kaboshed the lift for now. ...gotta schmooze to get those upgrades going.
Ya I know what u mean. I only have a little 2" lift, the wife hates it when I spend money on it. She just laughs whenever I talk about putting the super lift on. Anyways, I'm up for meeting sometime, I'm on swing shift though so it might be a little difficult, but I'm sure we can make it happen.
Unread 10-18-2012, 10:38 PM   #69
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Awesome! Just another reason I love this forum! Nothing like finding and meeting up with fellow WKers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilOmelet
Ya I know what u mean. I only have a little 2" lift, the wife hates it when I spend money on it. She just laughs whenever I talk about putting the super lift on.
Haha, I was there once! Stay persistent and she will come around

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using JeepForum

Unread 11-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #70
zeds_dead
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilOmelet

Ya I know what u mean. I only have a little 2" lift, the wife hates it when I spend money on it. She just laughs whenever I talk about putting the super lift on. Anyways, I'm up for meeting sometime, I'm on swing shift though so it might be a little difficult, but I'm sure we can make it happen.
Trust me....I know what you mean....
Unread 01-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #71
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Build it to use it, I like it.

Just went through the build - nice. The Asfir skid and the Nittos - me likey.

You need more armor.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2013, 03:17 AM   #72
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC
Build it to use it, I like it.

Just went through the build - nice. The Asfir skid and the Nittos - me likey.

You need more armor.
Thanks man. You're right, I do need more armor, it is on the to do list. Armor is expensive so I have been doing the smaller mods. Hopefully I will be able to afford more after my deployment.
Unread 01-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #73
ZF1FR
2007 WK 

Nice rig!
Could you tell me the PN of your front skid?
ZF1FR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2013, 06:05 PM   #74
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZF1FR
Nice rig!
Could you tell me the PN of your front skid?
Thanks! I'll try to get that for u tomorrow.
Unread 01-11-2013, 06:15 PM   #75
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

So I forgot to throw this in my thread. My amazing wife decided to support my jeep fetish and got me the Volant CAI for christmas that I've been wanting since forever. I threw it in about two weeks ago and love it! I definitely notice an increase in throttle response and a couple extra horses. Not to mention I got rid of at least 5 pounds after taking off the old setup!
image-3889911888.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.