LilOmelet's (The Punisher) Build Thread - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > LilOmelet's (The Punisher) Build Thread

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 07-29-2012, 08:38 PM   #31
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
They turned out awesome bro!!! Great job I like the paracord idea too, I might have to do that if I have enough coyote left.
Thanks And I got the idea for the 550 cord from another guy on the forum, but he did his in red. Oh and you will need about 50ft of cord, depending on how tight you wrap it ( I did mine really tight).

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2012, 08:57 PM   #32
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

My steering wheel look horrendous but I have been to cheap to get it reupholstered! I will probably pull the core out and just use the outer so the wheel doesn't get too thick.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2012, 12:15 AM   #33
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
My steering wheel look horrendous but I have been to cheap to get it reupholstered! I will probably pull the core out and just use the outer so the wheel doesn't get too thick.
Yea I remember yours is pretty bad. I thought about pulling the inner out as well, but decided that I liked the girth of it will the core in... no homo!
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
Unread 07-30-2012, 12:21 AM   #34
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Ya mine has all the girth that one can handle so I will try to keep from adding to it too much

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2012, 06:05 AM   #35
paroxysym
2007 WK 

plasti-dip on the headlights?

that looks awesome!
Unread 07-31-2012, 01:41 AM   #36
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym View Post
plasti-dip on the headlights?

that looks awesome!
I actually used the Fusion paint that is made for plastic, the guy at ACE said it would stick the best. I'm still trying to figure out if I like the black though, might end up ordering some paint and color matching it.
Unread 07-31-2012, 05:16 AM   #37
paroxysym
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilOmelet View Post
I actually used the Fusion paint that is made for plastic, the guy at ACE said it would stick the best. I'm still trying to figure out if I like the black though, might end up ordering some paint and color matching it.
nice, did a nice job taping off the area... i like the covered look. cheaper than buying the stillens.
Unread 07-31-2012, 05:32 AM   #38
Budasac
2005 WK 

The lights look good. I want to do a projector retro kit but I've had zero time. Might have to do this for now if I get a chance.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2012, 06:41 PM   #39
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym

nice, did a nice job taping off the area... i like the covered look. cheaper than buying the stillens.
I agree, plus no use in buying some if I'll be upgrading to the HID housings later.
Unread 07-31-2012, 06:43 PM   #40
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac
The lights look good. I want to do a projector retro kit but I've had zero time. Might have to do this for now if I get a chance.
Yea. I actually am very happy with the way it turned out. I was skeptical at first because I thought it might look bad at different angles since it's just on the outside, but you can't really notice.
Unread 07-31-2012, 07:57 PM   #41
big0cheeto
2008 WK 

anyone do a writeup yet on the paracord idea? ive been seeing this and wanted to do it since the wheel is getting a little messed up at the top.
big0cheeto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2012, 03:25 AM   #42
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by big0cheeto View Post
anyone do a writeup yet on the paracord idea? ive been seeing this and wanted to do it since the wheel is getting a little messed up at the top.
I know my brother will be doing it soon, I'm sure he'll put some pics up, if not I don't mind doing a little sample piece to give you an idea of how it will work.
Unread 08-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #43
S1L3NT_WH33L3R
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilOmelet

I know my brother will be doing it soon, I'm sure he'll put some pics up, if not I don't mind doing a little sample piece to give you an idea of how it will work.
I'd be interested in this as well because my steering wheel is nasty
'05 WK Limited, QD-II, 5.7L HEMI, Volant Cold Air Intake, Aries Taillight Guards, Rola Roof Rack, Cobra CB, Firestik Antennas, Magnaflow Performance Exhaust, OME HD lift, 285/70-17 GY Duratracs, Spidertrax Spacers, Superchips Programmer, Steel Armadillo Super Sliders
~Jeep makes it HEMI shakes it~Ain't Nothing Humble about that HEMI Rumble~
S1L3NT_WH33L3R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2012, 05:18 PM   #44
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3NT_WH33L3R

I'd be interested in this as well because my steering wheel is nasty
Alright, I'll talk to my brother and we'll get something figured out by this weekend.
Unread 08-02-2012, 12:12 AM   #45
S1L3NT_WH33L3R
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilOmelet

Alright, I'll talk to my brother and we'll get something figured out by this weekend.
Cool thanks bud
'05 WK Limited, QD-II, 5.7L HEMI, Volant Cold Air Intake, Aries Taillight Guards, Rola Roof Rack, Cobra CB, Firestik Antennas, Magnaflow Performance Exhaust, OME HD lift, 285/70-17 GY Duratracs, Spidertrax Spacers, Superchips Programmer, Steel Armadillo Super Sliders
~Jeep makes it HEMI shakes it~Ain't Nothing Humble about that HEMI Rumble~
S1L3NT_WH33L3R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.