LilOmelet's (The Punisher) Build Thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > LilOmelet's (The Punisher) Build Thread

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 07-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #16
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

Welcome!! Awesome looking rig, love the color. What does the future hold for the WK? ha

2007 Grand Cherokee Rocky Mountain Edition: 4.7L V8- QTII- Green- Mopar Recovery Hooks Front/Rear- 2in Rough Country lift- 265/70/17 Cooper discover AT3's- 1in BORA wheel spacers- Rola roof basket with extension- F-150 Monroe load levelers- Putco window vents- plasti-dipped wheels- Stillen rotors and pads- solid diff cover- N Dure tail light guards
Jvenrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2012, 11:03 PM   #17
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Haha I know, I actually took a pic of his jeep and was going to send it to you to see if you recognized it...but then i accidentally deleted it.
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2012, 11:06 PM   #18
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

A better question... What doesn't the future hold for it? I have so many things I want to do to it, one of them definitely including the SL, but no time too soon. It will be a never ending project (as I'm sure you're aware)!
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
Unread 07-09-2012, 09:17 AM   #19
OhFiveHemi
2005 WK 

rig looks great man!!

you just inspired me to cover all my chrome!
Blue WK Club Member #41

... | `05 WK - HEMI - QDII - Mods | ... | `07 XK - 3.7L - Stock | ...
OhFiveHemi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #20
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhFiveHemi View Post
rig looks great man!!

you just inspired me to cover all my chrome!
Haha, Yea I'm really happy with it... I HATE chrome! Next will be my headlights, maybe this weekend.

It's a lot of work, but well worth it. Good luck though, let me know if you have any questions.
Unread 07-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #21
ryanlamb00
2005 WK 

Its underway! Cant wait!!
ryanlamb00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2012, 08:08 PM   #22
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Welcome aboard...
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2012, 08:15 PM   #23
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr29 View Post
Welcome aboard...
Thanks, Looking forward to the benefits!
Unread 07-23-2012, 11:23 PM   #24
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Finally finished all the trim on the WK. Went through this weekend and did the rear step, tow hook trim, and rear chrome trim. Turned out really good! Now I just need to figure out what to do with the nasty chrome on the Hemi badge, I think I like the badge too much to just take it off, but we'll see.

Unread 07-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #25
jp07blkE85

2013 JK Wrangler 

Did you remove the rear chrome strip to paint or paint in place?
'13 true blue JKU sport softtop Fuel-Trophy D552 wheels, Goodyear-Duratrac 315/70/17 tires, TeraFlex-2.5coillift/trackbar/uca/tirecarrier/tailgatehinge/.5rearguidespacer w/ Fox shocks, Evo gussets, K&N filter, AEV procal(tires+DRL),Mopar taillight guard/fuel cover, Smittybilt classic slider with steps. Spod, RigidIndustries-dualyspot/verticalmount, antennaX-CBstyle.

RIP: 07 WK black 4.7 V8 Limited + RK 3.5, Bilstein B6 HD, Duratrac 245/70/17E, XD Misfit, black grille + insert, mopar skid plates + tow hooks, 500 Black Magics, 4xguard front guard + rock rails, AVS wind deflectors, Hella 9005/9006 +black headlights, 05 WK black Hemi limited, 03 WJ HO black , 00 WJ laredo X black, 97 TJ black.
jp07blkE85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2012, 12:42 AM   #26
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp07blkE85 View Post
Did you remove the rear chrome strip to paint or paint in place?
I painted in place. I know it comes off, but I didn't feel like messing with it. I was a bit of a pain to tape off, but well worth it!
Unread 07-29-2012, 09:14 PM   #27
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

So I really got sick of looking at the ugly chrome headlights and finally decided to do something about it. I wasn't sure if I was going to do anything about it because I'll be switching over to the HID housings sooner or later, but I decided until then I would do a quick little fix. All in all it only took about 4 hours and it looks so much better than stock. I didn't do a step by step, but I took a few pics so I'll walk through it real quick.

First I went through and taped every thing off. I took 1/4 inch painters tape and looking straight on at the headlight I carefully and slowly followed the circles and masked off where I thought it would look best.
Next I masked off a little piece of the side marker. If you look at the reflector you can see a little section where the side marker actually lights up, so I just went through and taped just that one little section off.
As I was taping I decided not to tape off the inside of the light because at some angles you can see the the edge of the headlight through the grille, (you can see what I mean in picture 4).
Next I took 180 grit sand paper and lightly sanded the area that was to be painted. I then brushed off the dust and wiped it all down with rubbing alcohol.
Finally I used Krylon's satin black fusion spray paint (made for outdoor plastics for better adhesion) and laid down about 5 even coats. After the 5th coat was on I took off all the tape and had my finished product! (and in case you were wondering... the fusion paint stuck extremely well, better than expected!)

Unread 07-29-2012, 09:19 PM   #28
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Also decided to add a little something to the steering wheel. Took some 550 and wrapped it around the top portion to where the leather seems meet up. I like it a lot!
If you want to see how I did it here is a link to the thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/5.../#post13974478

Unread 07-29-2012, 09:31 PM   #29
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

They turned out awesome bro!!! Great job I like the paracord idea too, I might have to do that if I have enough coyote left.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2012, 09:32 PM   #30
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Duplicate post!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.