Lights won't come on/wipers turn on (Video inside) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Lights won't come on/wipers turn on (Video inside)

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 10-13-2013, 05:46 PM   #1
Shafer57
2006 WK 

Lights won't come on/wipers turn on (Video inside)

This is getting worse it seems.

Sometimes when I press my unlock button on the remote, the truck unlocks but headlights don't come on like usual.

Now everytime I jump in my truck, and have my headlight switched to the AUTO or ON position, my gauges click, flicker, and my wipers magically turn on. On top of that, my headlights will not turn on so I can't drive at night.

When this was happening I turned the headlight switch to OFF, and kind of pushed the stick a bit to wiggle it around some and then back to AUTO and everything worked as normal.

So should I start with replacing the turn signal stick assembly? Battery tested fine, but under a load test i'm somehow draining 5.97A.

As of right now i'm kind of hoping someone else has been down this track, but if not I plan on having the dealer diagnose it.

THANKS FOR ANY INPUT!

http://s764.photobucket.com/user/tsh...a00d7.mp4.html

2008 335i Twin-Turbo
Shafer57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2013, 10:35 PM   #2
rsq41
2007 WK 

I'd vote for calling the parts department, make sure they have the multi function switch in stock, and then just tell the stealership to replace it without diagnosing. This was my route when the turn signals acted up; did not have time to even check if I could replace it myself much less the time to do it....
Unread 10-13-2013, 11:36 PM   #3
Shafer57
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsq41 View Post
I'd vote for calling the parts department, make sure they have the multi function switch in stock, and then just tell the stealership to replace it without diagnosing. This was my route when the turn signals acted up; did not have time to even check if I could replace it myself much less the time to do it....
I agree, i'm confident that's the red flag here.

Mind if I ask round about what it cost you? Obviously my dealer may be more/less due to locations.
2008 335i Twin-Turbo
Unread 10-15-2013, 01:26 PM   #4
Shafer57
2006 WK 

Can anyone please help me locate the left side multi-switch
(Turn signal/headlight bar).

I have AUTO headlights and a fog light switch as well. I'm at work and i'm not finding much on my phone, atleast anything under $150.

Rockauto had one, but e-mailed me saying out of stock. It was only $55.

Thanks
2008 335i Twin-Turbo
Unread 10-18-2013, 04:47 PM   #5
Shafer57
2006 WK 

Replaced multi-switch and everything's working great.

Even the steering wheel audio controls came back to normal. So that turn-signal stick causes quite a few issues. Also my gauges aren't going nuts anymore, but that didn't always happen, i'm still thinking ignition switch there.
2008 335i Twin-Turbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.