Lights Came On - Please Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Lights Came On - Please Help

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 04-26-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
CarlySTL

Lights Came On - Please Help

I have a 2005 Limited Edition Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7L 4x4 with almost 90,000 miles.

Today, while sitting at the ATM I had several lights come on. The ABS Light, Traction Control Light, and 2 messages read on the dash display "Service 4WD System" and "Service Elec Brake System." My UConnect also stopped working (nothing happens when I push the button. Needless to say, I'm a little concerned. Everything seems to be running alright.

I don't want to go running straight to a dealership because, being female, I've been given a lot of BS and don't want to be taken advantage of. I've done some research online and have found mention of "flashes" Is this similar to an update? Anyone have any suggestions? I really don't want to deal with this blindly.

Any information is greatly appreciated!

CarlySTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2012, 07:39 PM   #2
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

tons of info on this topic
search up "service 4wd"

i personally dont know much about it
but i have seen abunch of threads about it
255/75R17 BFG KM1's
17" ion alloy rims
15" kicker solo baric L7 w/ Alpine m1000 amp
aftermarket headlights w/5000k HIDs
Red interior LEDs and Red license plate LED
Tinted tails
5% tint over the rear windows
more to come....
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #3
kllshadow
2006 WK 

Mine did that in mcdonalds drive through I restarted the jeep and have never seen it since.
Black WK Club Member #61
kllshadow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2012, 07:56 PM   #4
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

yea u could also try disconnecting the negative on the battery for 5 minutes or so then reconnecting
that clears codes
255/75R17 BFG KM1's
17" ion alloy rims
15" kicker solo baric L7 w/ Alpine m1000 amp
aftermarket headlights w/5000k HIDs
Red interior LEDs and Red license plate LED
Tinted tails
5% tint over the rear windows
more to come....
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.