Lifting jeep higher - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Lifting jeep higher

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955RCV Axles at CCOR15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 12-09-2013, 08:38 AM   #1
Bneal199
2006 WK 

Lifting jeep higher

I have a 2006 jeep grand cherokee 65th anniversary, I have a 2.5" RC spacers leveling kit in the front and rear. I want to make it bigger without spending more than one paycheck on it so how would I go about that. I have checked online for perfect fits and all I find is "Superlift suspension lift component box" or something and it is worth around 298$ but doesn't even say how high it will go. Please help me out with this for my jeep will already be in the shop for a few days so why not get this done? I need to replace shocks and struts also.

Bneal199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #2
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

How high are you looking to go? If you want to stay under 4" then the modified OME is the way to go, This will replace you shocks struts and coils and give you about 3.5" of lift. Anything you do that nets 4" or higher will NEED the Superlift unless you want to start blowing out your drivetrain. You cant really do to much to go higher with the RC lift. Do you have a link to the SL suspension lift component box? I have never heard of this.
Unread 12-09-2013, 11:41 AM   #3
Tcolin2351
2006 WK 

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sh..._cherokee.html

Looks like this is just the EGR....no lift components. These component boxes are not the lift kit itself, just pieces of it for replacement or to have extra parts, just incase. To my knowledge, the SL kit comes with the EGR and other components found in these boxes
Tcolin2351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #4
Tcolin2351
2006 WK 

Also....

If you don't mind me asking, how much is one whole paycheck? There's a lot of people on here that can help but gotta know what your working with.

I personally went with the OME HD and got about 3 inches, I love how it rides and it great off-road too.
jeep-ome-2.jpeg  
Unread 12-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #5
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Yep thats all it is the EGR. The Superlift does not come with the EGR it is something you must add on to it.
Unread 12-09-2013, 11:47 AM   #6
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcolin2351 View Post
Also....

If you don't mind me asking, how much is one whole paycheck? There's a lot of people on here that can help but gotta know what your working with.

I personally went with the OME HD and got about 3 inches, I love how it rides and it great off-road too.
I am not a big fan of chrome but I must say it looks good on your Jeep!
Unread 12-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #7
Bneal199
2006 WK 

is there any shocks coils and struts i could buy that would be cheaper them OME? Im looking to spend around 400-600 bucks on all if thats at all possible.
Unread 12-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #8
Tcolin2351
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin View Post
I am not a big fan of chrome but I must say it looks good on your Jeep!
I actually am not a fan of the chrome either, previous owner put it on. I have taken the mirror covers off since that pic, but realized that the previous owner uses the dbl sided tape AND some black adhesive all over the place so I don't know if its worth trying to get off. I want to get all the chrome off and get some silver ORT stripes but I dont know about these chrome pieces... ANYWAYS (Sorry for the brief highjacking of this thread)

The only real option beyond the spacer lifts is the OME kit, especially if you need shocks and struts at this point. Rip the band-aid off and god for it! the OME is awesome and Kolak can help!
Unread 12-09-2013, 12:03 PM   #9
Rene999
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bneal199
I have a 2006 jeep grand cherokee 65th anniversary, I have a 2.5" RC spacers leveling kit in the front and rear. I want to make it bigger without spending more than one paycheck on it so how would I go about that. I have checked online for perfect fits and all I find is "Superlift suspension lift component box" or something and it is worth around 298$ but doesn't even say how high it will go. Please help me out with this for my jeep will already be in the shop for a few days so why not get this done? I need to replace shocks and struts also.
Hi,

I can recommend "Ironman 4x4 Suspension" made in Australia. Have a kit in my Liberty and I'm really statisfied.
Rene999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2013, 12:09 PM   #10
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

For coils and struts/shocks the OME is about the only option that has it all in one kit. SL doesnt even have that (they dont provide a front coil or strut as the stock ones are used for it) For what you get OME is a great price. If you have a heavier engine like the HEMI or CRD you will most likely net 2" from the OME and 3" for the 3.7L and possibly 4.7L engines.

Rene999: I dont see any kits on their website for the WK's
Unread 12-09-2013, 12:11 PM   #11
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Pretty much you will need something other than the RC spacer lift to go any higher as the only way to achieve more lift is a bigger coil or beefier coils (higher rating)
Unread 12-09-2013, 12:12 PM   #12
Tcolin2351
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bneal199 View Post
is there any shocks coils and struts i could buy that would be cheaper them OME? Im looking to spend around 400-600 bucks on all if thats at all possible.

Speaking from experience, your better off saving the extra 300 or so and doing the OME. I would advise to reach out to Kolak (kolak@aol.com).
Unread 12-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #13
Bneal199
2006 WK 

Y'all have officially talked me Into getting the OME HD lift. I already have a Rough Country 2.5" inch spacer leveling kit, and I'm wandering if I could keep the spacers on there with the OME HD lift. I know it will stretch the upper control arm to a whole new limit but I am about to look around for an extended bolt for the control arm if there even is one. If so, please help me out leave any suggestions on what to do.
Unread 12-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #14
Bneal199
2006 WK 

Here's a picture with my spacers on it.

image-1296916235.jpg
Unread 12-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #15
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bneal199 View Post
Y'all have officially talked me Into getting the OME HD lift. I already have a Rough Country 2.5" inch spacer leveling kit, and I'm wandering if I could keep the spacers on there with the OME HD lift. I know it will stretch the upper control arm to a whole new limit but I am about to look around for an extended bolt for the control arm if there even is one. If so, please help me out leave any suggestions on what to do.
For the rear, maybe, the front - no. The problem in the front is the ball joint at UCA, cv shaft, and steering linkage are all gonna be under horrible stress. In the back you're pushing the limits of your brake lines and the control arms.

With that set-up you basically are riding around at max (or beyond) down travel = not good.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.