Lift question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Lift question

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 12-29-2013, 05:32 PM   #1
AstateWK
2005 WK 

Lift question

Hey all. New to the forum and first time jeep owner! I bought myself a black 06 grand Cherokee 5.7 limited for Christmas and am loving it so far. Used to own a 05 f150. So any way I have been reading on here that OME and Superlift are the best suspension lifts for our vehicles. I was skimming through ebay for aftermarket accessories that I will be buying in the future and came across the 3.5 front and 2 in rear Heavy metal lift for my jeep. I searched for info on this on here and didn't see anything on it. I was wondering if they were reliable and all the other details on it. Since its 3.5 in the front it would sit higher than the OME and sit just shorter than the Superlift for a fraction of the cost. I know you get what you pay for lol, but was wondering if this was good since my budget is tight from buying my jeep. Thank you!

AstateWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

"Heavy Metal" lift? Never heard of it.

Superlift
OME
Rough Country
Rocky Road Offroad
Daystar
RockKrawler

Pretty much in that order is what you wanna look at lift wise.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2013, 06:33 PM   #3
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Heavy Metal is a knock off Rock Krawler. Speaking from experience skip the budget boosts and go with OME or Superlift. I had the RRO lift for 2 months then switch to OME because of how awful it handled.
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2013, 08:09 PM   #4
AstateWK
2005 WK 

Oh alright. Thanks ca07wk. I figured I would hear that. I will probably be going with the OME since its under half the price of the Superlift, from the sights I've found!
Unread 12-29-2013, 08:33 PM   #5
paroxysym
2007 WK 

Rustys makes 2" springs for the WK, I'm sure those with a set of Bilsteins wouldn't be a bad ride
Unread 12-29-2013, 08:54 PM   #6
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

I have OME with Bilsteins and it rides great and about $100 less then the full OME
Unread 12-30-2013, 06:52 AM   #7
AstateWK
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca07wk View Post
I have OME with Bilsteins and it rides great and about $100 less then the full OME
I had the front adjustable bilstein shocks and rear bilstein shocks and they improved my ride so much on my f150! What bilsteins are you running with the OME lift?
Unread 12-30-2013, 07:29 AM   #8
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstateWK View Post
I had the front adjustable bilstein shocks and rear bilstein shocks and they improved my ride so much on my f150! What bilsteins are you running with the OME lift?
I have 4600 up front and 5100 in the rear.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.