lift query - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > lift query

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 12-17-2014, 04:03 AM   #1
frozenstar
2006 WK 

lift query

hey guys

just wondering if a lift set up would be viable.. im thinking bilstiens 5100 shocks and hd emu springs up front.. and then the f150 LL at the rear, question iv got is do i need the hd springs for the rear as well, and roughly this woud net 2-3" lift?
secondly if viable, what sized tyre could i fit? in the uk its illegal for tyres to protrude from the side fender so i may be limited with the width i can go or need to fit fenders which again seem hard to find.. seen some for the wk2 and previous GC.

again all help/advice grateful

frozenstar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 01:45 PM   #2
frozenstar
2006 WK 

bump.. any advice or direction to similar set up.
Unread Yesterday, 03:22 PM   #3
Forcus
2005 WK 

Why not OME shocks / struts all around? That is what I got and it gives me the warm fuzzy that it was engineered to go together. I have the HD and the front is near level with the front and I estimate about 3" lift on the rear and 3.5" on the front. This is just a guess, I didn't measure first.

I put on 255/75R17 Goodyear Duratracs which come out to about 32.1" tall. They are on JK Moab wheels with Spidertrax 1.25" spacers. I had to do the pinch weld mod and they do stick out about a half inch (but they don't look goofy). It's possible that without the spacers they wouldn't rub the pinch weld at all, and they would be fully inside the fenders.

Unread Yesterday, 03:29 PM   #4
luckyse7ens
2010 XK Commander 

5100's @ minimum will lift the front an additional .75" on top of the OME lift. f150 Mll's will add >1" in the rear. ADJ trackbar will likely be warranted with this setup.

I've heard enough mediocre to bad reviews on MLL's that I decided not to go with those in the rear. A spacer (you can stack a few spring isolators for less $$) and 5125 rear shock would be a better choice.
Black WK Club #152
luckyse7ens is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 03:50 PM   #5
frozenstar
2006 WK 

ah thanks guys, i thought the load levellers were quite needed for when putting lots in the rear..
Unread Yesterday, 03:56 PM   #6
luckyse7ens
2010 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenstar View Post
ah thanks guys, i thought the load levellers were quite needed for when putting lots in the rear..
OME springs will alleviate that plenty. How much load do you plan on having back there?
Black WK Club #152
luckyse7ens is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 04:00 PM   #7
frozenstar
2006 WK 

this will be more of a do it now rather than buy something and then replace later. as my shocks and springs are kinda knackered now. i will be looking to have full armor, roof rack, fridge, and when loaded spare fuel, camp gear. winch loaded up. plus any extra i find i might need. for the foreseeable future i wont be towing anything like caravan.. maybe in ten years lol
Unread Yesterday, 04:08 PM   #8
Forcus
2005 WK 

I can't attest to a heavy load. Mine is even front / rear with no load but the fronts are intentionally stiffer because they are meant to be used with a winch bumper. Maybe 300 lbs on the front end. I assume this will bring the nose down some (which is ok) so that a moderate load on the rear would make it even again (also ok). I have only towed a 5x8 trailer with about a 1,000 lbs total BUT there was almost no tongue weight so that is not real helpful. I think if you towed 2,000 lbs or more with an OME HD lift you might have the possibility of being nose high, which is obviously not ideal. I think it's just a thing where you will have to load it down as you intend and see what happens then go from there. FYI, with my approximate 3.5 front and 3 rear, I do not need a longer track bar, the wheels are pretty much centered in the rear (as in, they stick out equal amounts on each side). The front I have a little positive camber (bottoms of tires pointing in compared to top of tires) but I am hoping there is enough adjustment in the lower a arms to bring it out to at least zero.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.