Lift Measurements - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Lift Measurements

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #76
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
Oh, I'm definately researching and exploring my options. The Rusty's rear poly spacers for the WK and a couple strut plates per side is looking more and more like a solid option - requiring some other additions of course - but I'm still wondering about the LL's. In the end I'll most likely be "runnin what I brung" for a while.
i just ordered my MLLs... should be here wednesday/thursday and on by the end of the week

Unread 03-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #77
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep View Post
I'd consider adding urethane spacers in the rear as an alternative to Load Levelers. slightly more work, but you just bought the new shocks, and there are a few reports of LL's making noise.
Is there a good source for WK poly spacers...I would like to add a 1/2 spacer.
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #78
t3kmitch
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
^^^ Hey, Buda - been a while since anything on your build thread. Anything new?

With those Monroe LL's - how long have you been running those?
Do you think the boost they provide has any longevity issues?
As far as longevity with the MLL's, I figure even if they do settle over time, the worst that could happen is you go closer to the original result of the RC lift. It's not like you're going to be sagging, you'd just be level again.

I think the benefit of MLL's over a spacer would be towing. Adding a cut down poly spacer will get you the lift you want for slightly more work (getting the longer MLL's on isn't hard but took a little creativity), but once you hook up a trailer you're going to sag just as much as before.

This should be moved over to the MLL thread though, don't want to muddy up this thread too much.
Blue WK Club Member #32
t3kmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 11:59 AM   #79
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3kmitch View Post
As far as longevity with the MLL's, I figure even if they do settle over time, the worst that could happen is you go closer to the original result of the RC lift. It's not like you're going to be sagging, you'd just be level again.

I think the benefit of MLL's over a spacer would be towing. Adding a cut down poly spacer will get you the lift you want for slightly more work (getting the longer MLL's on isn't hard but took a little creativity), but once you hook up a trailer you're going to sag just as much as before.

This should be moved over to the MLL thread though, don't want to muddy up this thread too much.
Good point.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 01:47 PM   #80
meep
2008 WK 

lots out there. basically if you get the ID and OD right, any flat spacer should do. see different thicknesses on left...
http://www.jackit.com/suspension-parts/springs-and-accessories/coil-spring-spacers.html

these are what they have in 3/4"
http://www.jackit.com/suspension-par...ift_height=270
meep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #81
kingpin57

Finally found my tape measure and the results for my Hemi with an empty roof rack and 3/4 tank of fuel is:

Front: 21.5 inches
Rear: 21.5 inches

Rock Krawler 2in lift with stock struts up front and stock shocks in rear.
kingpin57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #82
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

rocky road leveling spacers, bilstein HD's, and some armor weight

front: 19.75"
rear 19.5"
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 03:10 AM   #83
Valpacer

2007 WK 

New specs for mine.

Full armour (front, rear, sliders, under body) full drawers and 1/2 tank.

Front: 25.5"
Rear: 26"
2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD (Yup, RHD Australia)- 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU/SL Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails, Saguaro F & R Bars, RCV's, Warn 9.5cti-s, AEV Saverge Rims, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Batteries - Build Thread - YouTube Vids
Valpacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 07:00 AM   #84
croth
2005 WK 

Stone stock, 121K miles 20 rear, 19.5 front
croth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #85
blanco
2009 WK 

Some Help

Hi guys im from Venezuela. I have a WK with Old Man Emu "MD" Spring and shocks. the shocks are mre larger than the stock.

But now i want to remove the old man emu springs and put a Rough Country 2" Lift. The cuestion its. If the larger shocks works properly with that kit, or i have to put the original sise shocks.??

Thank you for your anwser's!!
blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 09:11 PM   #86
naidib04
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanco View Post
Hi guys im from Venezuela. I have a WK with Old Man Emu "MD" Spring and shocks. the shocks are mre larger than the stock.

But now i want to remove the old man emu springs and put a Rough Country 2" Lift. The cuestion its. If the larger shocks works properly with that kit, or i have to put the original sise shocks.??

Why switch to the RC from OME? Weird IMO.

Blue WK Club Member #35
naidib04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 09:23 PM   #87
blanco
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by naidib04 View Post
Why switch to the RC from OME? Weird IMO.

Because the springs are due. and i have my original sprigns totally new
blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2012, 05:26 AM   #88
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanco View Post

Yes, you can use the longer rear shocks w/ the RC lift. Mine are about 1.5" longer then stock.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2012, 05:38 AM   #89
Rob 99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Front: 19 1/8
Rear: 19 3/16

Stock with about 88K miles on what looks like original shocks.

07' WK Silver 5.7 QD2, Bilsteins & front strut plates.
Rob 99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2012, 09:10 AM   #90
ruholm
2008 WK 

Front 22 1/8
Rear 21

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.