Lift Measurements - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Lift Measurements

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.cFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 10-26-2011, 09:09 AM   #16
trax95008
2006 XK Commander 

Bone STOCK, XK limited with HEMI, full tank of gas,

Front 18"

Rear 19.5"

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread. It's good info when trying to decide which lift to get. I noticed some variation with OME. Anyone know why this is? Is ARB's tolerances that loose?

trax95008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2011, 09:23 AM   #17
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Old Man Emu Heavy Duty:

F: 22.25

R: 22.5

The difference in OME's - in my unofficial opinion - will depend on HD vs MD; full or undersized spare (and location: on the roof won't bring the rear down like in the well because it centers over the rear axle better); gear in your rig; fuel tank full or not; is the ground the rig sits on level when measurements taken.

Buda: good thread - like the idea.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2011, 09:30 AM   #18
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trax95008 View Post
Bone STOCK, limited with HEMI, full tank of gas,

Front 18"

Rear 19.5"

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread. It's good info when trying to decide which lift to get. I noticed some variation with OME. Anyone know why this is? Is ARB's tolerances that loose?
It can be the differance between engines, armor, gas, and whatever else they are/aren't carrieing.

Where in Cali are you? SoCal by any chance?

My stock measurement at 45K with stock skids and no added weight was:

F - 19"
R - 19 3/4"

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2011, 10:29 AM   #19
trax95008
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet

It can be the differance between engines, armor, gas, and whatever else they are/aren't carrieing.

Where in Cali are you? SoCal by any chance?

My stock measurement at 45K with stock skids and no added weight was:

F - 19"
R - 19 3/4"

I'm in San Jose. (sf bay area)

I noticed no one else has a 1.5" rake like I have. I guess a HEMI and skids add a full inch of sag. I would assume my vehicle is on the heavy side as I have every option that adds weight. Skids, HEMI, tow pkg, 3rd row seats...
trax95008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2011, 10:44 AM   #20
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Plus it is a Commander! How many miles are on it? If it has a lot of miles the front shocks might be bad. Adding some Bilsteins might bring it up a little.

Unread 10-26-2011, 01:55 PM   #21
paroxysym
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet View Post
Plus it is a Commander! How many miles are on it? If it has a lot of miles the front shocks might be bad. Adding some Bilsteins might bring it up a little.
bilsteins and a set of rustys spacers upfront to level her out would do the trick..
Unread 10-26-2011, 02:23 PM   #22
meep
2008 WK 

do the bilsteins really add any lift by themselves?
meep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2011, 02:31 PM   #23
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

If the struts are blown then there is no pressure in them, as opposed to a good strut that will have pressure forcing the suspension up. People have reported slight increase in height after installing new ones.

Unread 10-26-2011, 02:49 PM   #24
paroxysym
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep View Post
do the bilsteins really add any lift by themselves?
i think the concensus on them is they will give you like 1/2" to 3/4"...
Unread 10-26-2011, 05:27 PM   #25
t3kmitch
2005 WK 

Rough Country Spacers with [longer than stock] Monroe load levelers
Front: 21.5
Rear Passenger: 22
Rear Driver: 22 1/4

1/4 tank of gas and roughly 100lbs of tools in the back.

Update: Measured driver's side rear as well cause I didn't seem to get as much lift out of the longer Monroe's. Most of the weight in the back is sitting on passenger's side. But I also filled up today and it really didn't move. Still came out to 22 passenger side. However in the end I did notice a difference after putting them on. It now sits about perfect. (Besides that I had to scrounge around for a 7"ish drop to pull the parade float.)
Blue WK Club Member #32
t3kmitch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2011, 04:04 PM   #26
meep
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym View Post
i think the concensus on them is they will give you like 1/2" to 3/4"...
dang. that's like over 75lbs of pressure per shock at least. hmm.

I really just want 1" front and 1/2" back. bilsteins + the 1/2 front spacer may be my ticket.

WITH ~600 lbs in the back: 19.5 front, 18 rear. I'll come back with unloaded numbers.

M
Unread 10-27-2011, 04:20 PM   #27
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep View Post
dang. that's like over 75lbs of pressure per shock at least. hmm.

I really just want 1" front and 1/2" back. bilsteins + the 1/2 front spacer may be my ticket.

WITH ~600 lbs in the back: 19.5 front, 18 rear. I'll come back with unloaded numbers.

M
I don't think you gain any lift from the pressure of the strut. It's the design of the body and where it mounts to the fork. I believe the stop tab is .5 -.75" lower on the shock body which results in the slight lift.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2011, 04:25 PM   #28
meep
2008 WK 

WOW. THAT is sticky-worthy info. for real? Sounds like a boo-boo on bilstein's part but I *like* that. The
"B" won't lose its lift as it ages and loses pressure. But the same wouldn't apply for the rear... right?... so a full set of B's basically helps level the front up 1/2" and "might" raise the rear 1/4" if it has fresher pressure.

Right? There's another member here who wanted to do similar to me.... this would be the ticket to get the front up 1"... bilsteins + spacer. then cut down a poly spacer for the rear...

M
Unread 10-27-2011, 05:08 PM   #29
Budasac
2005 WK 

You can use the Monroe Load Levelers in the rear if you just want a little bump. They're coil-overs so they deflect some of the pressure from the factory springs resulting in some height. They have stock replacements or if you're lifted some of us have been using the longer model made for an F-150. With the longer set I gained over an inch in the rear.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2011, 07:48 PM   #30
meep
2008 WK 

I'd rather stick with "one set" of springs in the rear.... I thought about the monroes but would prefer to do the spacers out back. Front-- I'd double the rusty's spacers if the studs on the strut plate were longer, but they aren't, and my one attempt to hammer them out was a fail. So front is either, figure out how to hammer out studs so I can install longer ones with another 1/4" shim, or possibly go the bilstein route.

do we know for certain that the bilsteins have a different tab location? I'll order them tomorrow... Would kolak know?

M

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.