LED light bar - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > LED light bar

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-29-2013, 08:49 PM   #1
94jeepman
Jager93

2005 WK 

LED light bar

what are some good brands of led light bars the only one I know of is rigid and those are expensive and I cant afford the size I want

KHAKI MEMBER #59

The WK mods: SC flashpaq 3870, flow master super 40, 3.5" X Factor leveling kit, 33" M/T baja claws, 17" pro comp wheels, one 12 inch subwoofer, rugged ridge tailight gaurds, rola rack with 18" extension
94jeepman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 09:35 PM   #2
giulio17

Go to crawl off-road.net. They have really good pricing
giulio17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 09:38 PM   #3
sebastien
2006 WK 

+1 Crawloffroad.net is the best..
Unread 09-30-2013, 08:40 AM   #4
jeffjs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94jeepman View Post
what are some good brands of led light bars the only one I know of is rigid and those are expensive and I cant afford the size I want
Just do an eBay search on LED light bar with the size you need, 20", 30", 42", etc.

Ebay has the same light bar that many of the etailers have (i.e. Seward 20" light bar at crawloffroad.net is $240, while same exact light is $171 on ebay).

Rigid is one of the few brands you won't find cheaper on ebay.
jeffjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #5
giulio17

The eBay brands don't compare to the higher end light bars
giulio17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 10:59 AM   #6
jeffjs

Quote:
Originally Posted by giulio17 View Post
The eBay brands don't compare to the higher end light bars
That's why I compared it to something else. Lots of US accessory shops are selling the Chinese stuff at 2x the price. For the same unit, might as well by from eBay.

As for Rigid and other brands, I am sure they are worth their money - well, probably.
jeffjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 11:06 AM   #7
mrott
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I just recently picked up a small light bar from olympus offroad maybe 2 weeks ago now and so far it's pretty awesome! I still need to get it adjusted a bit but good lord is it bright. Their prices are very competitive as well and it comes with a lifetime warranty. Basically, if you break it they'll send you a new one and all they want to know is how it broke. I haven't actually tested that yet but it certainly sounds good.
I like Canadians, but man you guys whine a lot! It's too cold, my igloo melted, this beaver pelt is too thin, we only have dial-up, my milk isn't thawed yet, I got deported, we don't like war, JF is prejudice, blah blah blah. Suck it up Nancy!
mrott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #8
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjs View Post
That's why I compared it to something else. Lots of US accessory shops are selling the Chinese stuff at 2x the price. For the same unit, might as well by from eBay.

As for Rigid and other brands, I am sure they are worth their money - well, probably.
and if you get a defective one from china off ebay? more then likely its resellers on ebay. and if you have a defective one the company who made it won't honor it because you didn't buy it from them and the seller probably wont respond. shipping a 20" bar from china to the sates is 60 bucks and the same amount back if you have a issue with the bar because they won't pay for shipping. so all that money you just saved just went out the window.

or you buy from that company direct in china but then you have the cost of the said bar then shipping then a sample fee for not buying enough bars to make it worth that companies while (they prefer if you buy in larger amounts then 1 or 2) and after all of that the final cost is similar to what people resell them for. just hope your light bar doesn't get held up in customs btw.

now what you should do is read this: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gener...ct-review.html

shop around to see what brand you want i.e hanma aurora or one of the other chinese brands. (hanma) what most people resell has a glass lense and usually a slightly smaller W for the same size. (basically the entry level bar) now on the other scale you have aurora (the top end of the chinese bars0 this is what all the aussies use and this brand is as good if not better then ridgid.

so as far as things to look for in a bar
PC lense
warranty
the amount of W for that desired length. i.e. you don't want a 120W 30" when you can get a 126W in a 20" bar. compare the pricing to the W not the size. that is where they will get you.

so do your homework for what you want to buy.

as far as what i got is from snevey's offroad.
http://sneveysoffroad.com/shop/razor-dr20-2/

for what i wanted and what my price range was to me that was my best option.

note his highlander bar is the hanma brand. and his titian is the top of the line Aurora brand.
(o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ---------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
Y0ungGunZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2014, 09:34 PM   #9
houndman72

2008 JK Wrangler 

I'm very happy with everything I have bought from Olympus Offroad. Great products and not one issue with anything. Seems all I do now is work to buy more lights from them.
Rock krawler Stock Mod 2.5, Bilstein 5100 series shocks, Mamba M5 18" rims, 285/65/18 Nitto Trail Grappler tires, Body Armor Front bumper w/winch and LOTS of LED lights all over the place for blinding oncomers! LOL
houndman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2014, 05:47 AM   #10
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

I have a set of pods and a light bar from Seward Offroad. Great light output, no complaints at all so far.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.