LED Daytime Running Lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > LED Daytime Running Lights

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 01-14-2013, 10:22 PM   #1
p220wam
2006 WK 

LED Daytime Running Lights

Hi all, this being my first time on the Jeep Forum, I apologize if I'm breaking any kind of rule here, but to the best of my knowledge, I'm not. After searching around, I wasn't able to find any thread that specifically has what I'm looking for. I, like many others, envy the style of DRLs that Audi uses. I own an 06 Grand Cherokee Limited, and unfortunately, I don't have any kind of DRLs. Now, being a man who knows little about Jeeps, and honestly, cars in general, was wondering what my best course of action would be for my situation. I want to get some form of LED DRLs, but I'm on a pretty tight budget, so I don't know whats going to get me the best bang for my buck.

I was looking at whole knew headlights with LEDs and Angel eyes, but I have no idea how to begin to wire all of that or where to go to get that done. I was also looking at Angel Eye LED fog lights, which could dually serve as DRLs? I apologize if none of this makes any sense or if I am talking complete rubbish here, but from my understanding, these are basically my options, unless I get some kind of light strip (which doesn't seem to work very well?). Also, how difficult would it be to replace the foglights or headlights for a complete novice like myself?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and again, I apologize for my lack of knowledge.

Thanks!

p220wam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 11:05 PM   #2
dsjr2006
2006 WK 

Aftermarket LED DRLs almost all look like ricey crap that you would find on a poorly modded Honda, that especially goes for the WK options available. The only way to do it right is custom, and that doesn't sound like what you're looking for.

05-08 WK Service Manual PDF: [url]http://bit.ly/VxI9z0[/url]
dsjr2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 11:40 PM   #3
trax95008
Web Wheeler
2006 XK Commander 

You could always have DRL's turned on from a dealership via starscan...
trax95008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 01:16 AM   #4
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Take a look at Omelet's build thread. He has some custom led head lights.

That's probably too involved for you but it will show you how nice it looks.
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.