Leak under passenger side - 2006 Jeep Commander - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Leak under passenger side - 2006 Jeep Commander

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 06-19-2014, 07:48 PM   #1
sbrand01
2006 XK Commander 

Leak under passenger side - 2006 Jeep Commander

Last week while waiting at a Starbucks drive-thru my car began to over heat. My radiator reservoir was basically empty and when I returned to work there was a large puddle where my car had been. I had my thermostat replaced and it no longer over heats, but I am still having to refill my reservoir at least every 2-3 days. Any ideas before I go and spend more money?

Thank you,
A single mom who does not want to get ripped off by a mechanic

sbrand01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2014, 09:06 PM   #2
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Who replaced the t-stat?

Are you needing to refill the reservoir because the Jeep is dumping coolant?

What is the coolant level in the radiator?

Condition of the upper/lower radiator hoses and lines going in/out of the heater core? (the ones that go through the firewall on passenger side)

If you aren't leaking coolant anywhere then it is likely that the system wasn't filled properly when the t-stat was changed and the coolant level throughout the system is too low.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2014, 03:01 PM   #3
bigpav7

Check the oil to make sure there is no coolant in it. Hopefully not, but can be a leaky head gasket due to the overheat. If there are no visible leaks u need to pressure test the cooling system
bigpav7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.