Laredo Seat Stains - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Laredo Seat Stains

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-30-2009, 07:36 AM   #1
mfinkler

Laredo Seat Stains

What is the deal with the fabric on the Laredo seats. I have an 05 with grey cloth or what ever they call it. Just one plain water drop leaves a spot. We had some rainy weather about a week ago and after 3-4 days of driving it my seats looked like someone had spilled soda all over them. Of course I took some soapy water and they cleaned right up. I've never seen a fabric leave spots like this. My 96 XJ with 110k miles look better than these seats. Does any kind of fabric protector work on these? What about seat covers? I bought some universal fit ones yesterday but they look like crap. I really hate to spend a couple hundred on some custom fit ones but if that's the route I take any suggestions on which ones look and fit the best? Also is there a way to remove the headrest to put on seat covers under them? It seems they would fit better.

mfinkler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2009, 07:45 AM   #2
scottydog
2006 WK 

It's a known problem. Under warranty the dealers would keep cleaning the seats till the customer got tired of bringing the vehicle in. Best solution is to change the cloth out for leather. That's what I did.
scottydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2009, 08:42 AM   #3
colinzj
2006 WK 

If you wash them enough, the seats stop staining. I don't have that much dedication, so half of my front passenger seat is all that won't stain. Honestly it wasn't too bad to do, but it was summer (too damn hot to sit out there scrubbing seats) and I'm probably going to switch to the Katzkin leather eventually.

As for the headrests, yeah, they pop right off. On the one shaft is the adjuster button, on the other shaft is a recessed button for the headrest retainer. Put the headrest up all the way, then press in on the recessed button (your keys work well) and pull up on the headrest. Try not to hit the headliner when it comes out.

You'll probably need to either recline the seat or put it down all the way. Maybe both if you've got the sunroof.
Unread 06-27-2009, 10:46 AM   #4
wahoo75
2005 XJ Cherokee 

Stain it All?

I recently went to a car upholstery shop to find out prices for switching out my cloth seats for leather. The owner told me that this cloth staining a was wide spread problem in not only Jeeps, but others as well. He suggested that if water was causing a stain, I should uniformly stain the whole thing. What a concept! He suggested getting a water bottle and mist the the entire seats with water. Let them dry, then scotch gaurd them. I'm a bit hesitant to try this approach. I was wondering if ayone was tried this?
wahoo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2009, 11:29 AM   #5
Acidcold
2005 WK 

I gave up on my seats, they piss me off every time i get in.
Acidcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2009, 11:34 AM   #6
colinzj
2006 WK 

Staining the whole seat works temporarily. Once you drip or spill something else on it, you're back to square one.

Haven't tried Scotchguard, so don't know how much of a difference it would make. Give it a shot and let us know?

And yeah, it's not just a Jeep thing. Not surprising since there are only a couple major suppliers for anything in a vehicle these days.
Unread 06-27-2009, 12:28 PM   #7
dustb0wl
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinzj View Post
Staining the whole seat works temporarily. Once you drip or spill something else on it, you're back to square one.

Haven't tried Scotchguard, so don't know how much of a difference it would make. Give it a shot and let us know?

And yeah, it's not just a Jeep thing. Not surprising since there are only a couple major suppliers for anything in a vehicle these days.

Scotchguard doesnt work at all. I poured that stuff on and It still stained extremely easily. Its a contaminate in the fabric that causes it to stain so easily. The only way to fix it that I had found is to wash the seats. I got it done at a local place for $5 a seat. I finally got so sick of it though, that I switched to leather seats.
255/70/R17 Firestone Destination A/T's
Bosch Iridium Fusion Spark Plugs
Akebono ProACT Brake Pads
dustb0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2009, 12:41 PM   #8
jaw22
2011 WK 

I use my coupe to take my dog out for hikes, he'll only ride shotgun when i'm driving... 150 pound dog drool stains are a lot harder to get out than water.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.