Kicker Sub Option? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Kicker Sub Option?

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-10-2014, 10:12 AM   #1
clemsonscj
2009 WK 

Kicker Sub Option?

Hey, I searched and found multiple threads about people's opinions about this system but I'm still not clear on one thing...if I buy the part number 77KICK12AB, is it just a plug-n-play deal or is there an entire install procedure? I've installed many sound systems and other car electronics stuff so it's not a big deal if I have to. Everyone just made it sound like if you have the Boston Acoustics system (which I do), then there is some wiring harness lying in wait somewhere in the back for you to hook it up to this sub. If that is the case, awesome. Sounds just a little too good to be true though. If anyone knows where an install thread for this system is, please let me know.

Black WK Club #134
clemsonscj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2014, 12:05 PM   #2
colinzj
2006 WK 

It's not rocket science but it's not plug-and-play. You have to pull apart the entire left side of the interior to run the power cord and tap into the front door speaker wires.

Basically the same as installing any sub, but they've saved you the trouble of gathering all the supplies, designing an enclosure, figuring out how the heck to mount it in the vehicle, and picking an appropriate amp. Everything's in one box and ready to rock.

They're also discontinued, so you may have to shop around to find one.
Unread 04-10-2014, 12:24 PM   #3
clemsonscj
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinzj View Post
It's not rocket science but it's not plug-and-play. You have to pull apart the entire left side of the interior to run the power cord and tap into the front door speaker wires.

Basically the same as installing any sub, but they've saved you the trouble of gathering all the supplies, designing an enclosure, figuring out how the heck to mount it in the vehicle, and picking an appropriate amp. Everything's in one box and ready to rock.

They're also discontinued, so you may have to shop around to find one.
How do you adjust the sub output if it's hooks to the factory front speakers?
Black WK Club #134
clemsonscj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2014, 07:12 PM   #4
andrewgokart
2006 WK 

Did you happen to end up doing this upgrade? I'm piecing mine together now, but looking for an amp for my sub. I don't know what to get!
andrewgokart is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.