K&n Fipk - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > K&n Fipk

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-06-2006, 11:04 PM   #16
SYCOHEMI

Hasn't died yet, been driving it since the install. Seems fairly responsive.

'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE

Last edited by SYCOHEMI; 11-16-2006 at 10:36 PM..
SYCOHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2006, 02:04 PM   #17
3labs

(It's a little louder than I'd like but in the end I think it was a nice mod. Just cleaned and oiled it about 3 weeks ago.
I will snap a pic of it this weekend and post on Tuesday when I get back to work...yes, work is the only place i surf JeepForum [/QUOTE]

I wrapped my wife's '98 5.9 with the "heat resistant" insulation around the tube
& used zipp locks to hold it in place, worked pretty good on cutting down the throttle
noise ! I tried using neopreme on my 5.7 Hemi, was still too loud so I removed
the tube & just used the K&N box & cone filter ! Blacklab
3labs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2006, 02:11 PM   #18
3labs

(It's a little louder than I'd like but in the end I think it was a nice mod. Just cleaned and oiled it about 3 weeks ago.
I will snap a pic of it this weekend and post on Tuesday when I get back to work...yes, work is the only place i surf JeepForum [/QUOTE]

I wrapped my wife's '98 5.9 with the "heat resistant" insulation around the tube
& used zipp locks to hold it in place, worked pretty good on cutting down the throttle
noise ! I tried using neopreme on my 5.7 Hemi, was still too loud so I removed
the tube & just used the K&N box & cone filter ! Blacklab
3labs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2006, 03:43 PM   #19
BlaineWasHere
BecauseRacecar

The louder the better!
Unread 09-27-2006, 04:27 PM   #20
HawkeyeWJ

Just add some Borla XR Racing exhaust and you will eliminate the FIPK being too loud!

2002 WJ 4.7 Limited
Onyx Green Pearl
HawkeyeWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2006, 04:29 PM   #21
jeep_on

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaineWasHere
The louder the better!
That's what she said.

Waiting on a 2013 RHD JK Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
jeep_on is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2006, 11:21 PM   #22
SYCOHEMI

No problems at all.

Just did a weekend trip to Las Vegas and the HEMI is running smooth as ever. My gas mileage is terrible, probably since we cruise around 80 mph here in Southern CA.
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 09-28-2006, 02:42 AM   #23
jeep_on

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCOHEMI
probably since we cruise around 80 mph here in Southern CA.
If you do any thing under 80 MPH your getting run over in Cali. I've been doing 85 in a 65 and been passed, like a little old lady driving to church. Good thing for me though, I like driving a little fast. Only time I ever had any problems with the fuzz was when I was headed over Mt. Shasta doing 120MPH in my Dadís Camaro. No ticket (THANK GOD), it was just a warning and told me to slow it down.

Waiting on a 2013 RHD JK Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
jeep_on is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2006, 06:19 AM   #24
BlaineWasHere
BecauseRacecar

In my Jeep I go 75 just becuase it is lifted big and I don't want to go faster. Michigan freeways are very fast as well. When I am in my mom's 05 outback I go 85-95...
Unread 10-21-2006, 10:45 PM   #25
96ZJ01TJ
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCOHEMI
No problems at all.

Just did a weekend trip to Las Vegas and the HEMI is running smooth as ever. My gas mileage is terrible, probably since we cruise around 80 mph here in Southern CA.

You think that's bad, try GA 400 on your way into Atlanta from the 'burbs. They don't call it the GA 400 speedway for nothin'. I've been doing 85+ on that road and have been passed like I'm standing still. That, of course, is if it isn't rush hour! I have the 4.7, I can get 16 MPG at 1800 RPM, but that is a little too leisurely for down here. I usually get 12 MPG.
Unread 10-21-2006, 10:48 PM   #26
96ZJ01TJ
2006 XK Commander 

Any pics of the K&N in a 4.7 commander. I could use the extra umph when I tow our travel trailer. I have also heard that when installing the K&N it is prudent to install a new exhaust to handle the increased air-flow so you don't get any back pressure.
Unread 10-22-2006, 08:53 AM   #27
SYCOHEMI

There's some pictures floating out there of the 4.7 K&N.

I had my gibson exhaust installed first, so I wasn't able to experience the stock vehicle with K&N alone added. But it's a good idea to balance intake and exhaust, like you mentioned, and also for more performance and efficiency.
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 11-16-2006, 09:46 PM   #28
clocker
2006 WK 

so is there any increase in horses? also any noticeable improvement in mpg?
clocker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2006, 10:38 PM   #29
SYCOHEMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by clocker
so is there any increase in horses? also any noticeable improvement in mpg?
Feels much stronger. I don't have accurate MPG, since I couldn't get the exact tire size calibration. Probably better anyway, I really don't need to see the true numbers...

I drive it. Put in gas... Drive it some more. repeat.
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.