K&N cold air intake - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > K&N cold air intake

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 12-02-2006, 01:16 AM   #1
djbeat

K&N cold air intake

just put the K&N cold air intake sounds so sick i just got my wk on mon my neighbors think i am nutz... lol... does aney one else have 1...

djbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2006, 05:27 AM   #2
bravo2376

Mine's in the mail. Can't wait. Is your's on a 4.7 or the Hemi?
[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="olive"][COLOR="YellowGreen"]"Some people are like slinkies... Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.”[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
bravo2376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2006, 12:43 PM   #3
jeep_on

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo2376
Mine's in the mail. Can't wait. Is your's on a 4.7 or the Hemi?
LOL. What they’d do, take it all apart and ship it peace by peace Army style?

Waiting on a 2013 RHD JK Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
jeep_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2006, 01:26 PM   #4
bravo2376

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_on
LOL. What they’d do, take it all apart and ship it peace by peace Army style?
Who knows, I expect a min. 1 month to get anything. And now with Christmas, I might get it for my birthday in Feb.
[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="olive"][COLOR="YellowGreen"]"Some people are like slinkies... Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.”[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Unread 12-02-2006, 07:05 PM   #5
djbeat

i have the hemi 5.7 sounds nutz
djbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2006, 11:31 PM   #6
jeep_on

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo2376
Who knows, I expect a min. 1 month to get anything. And now with Christmas, I might get it for my birthday in Feb.
All the more reasons to ship stuff via UPS when going over seas. I used UPS when coming back from England when my wife and I went over for a month long vacation in Europe. Only took three days from London to my front door state side.

Waiting on a 2013 RHD JK Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
jeep_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2006, 05:34 AM   #7
bravo2376

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_on
All the more reasons to ship stuff via UPS when going over seas. I used UPS when coming back from England when my wife and I went over for a month long vacation in Europe. Only took three days from London to my front door state side.
Yeh, it might be worth the extra money.
Unread 12-04-2006, 12:06 AM   #8
SYCOHEMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbeat
i have the hemi 5.7 sounds nutz
Glad you like it!

Mine was the prototype vehicle - it took forever for that kit to finally hit the market.

'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
SYCOHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2006, 09:33 AM   #9
wysiwyg

I installed an AEM intake in my '06 Commander 5.7L. This system is a dry filter that is cleanable. Alum intake tube, big cone filter, sounds like the "old" big 4bbl carbs of the 60's now.
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2006, 09:41 AM   #10
Jeep Brian

Did any of you notice any performance gain?? How about MPG increase??
Jeep Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2006, 02:33 PM   #11
wysiwyg

Better power Yes
Better Fuel Mileage No
Worse No
Same Yes
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2006, 12:15 AM   #12
bravo2376

The wife says she loves the way it feels when I whomp on the gas Can't wait to get a Magnaflow

Last edited by bravo2376; 12-23-2006 at 09:50 AM..
Unread 01-06-2007, 08:21 PM   #13
Airborne1986

Do any of you guys have a whistling noise when you turn your car on with the intake? When I start the car its loud and dies down after a bit. Another odd thing is when I turn it off it still makes the noise for about 2 seconds after. Is all of this normal?
Airborne1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2007, 10:04 PM   #14
SYCOHEMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne1986
Do any of you guys have a whistling noise when you turn your car on with the intake? When I start the car its loud and dies down after a bit. Another odd thing is when I turn it off it still makes the noise for about 2 seconds after. Is all of this normal?
I don't recall any whistling, maybe you have a hidden turbo in there.
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE

Last edited by SYCOHEMI; 01-09-2007 at 05:50 PM..
SYCOHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2007, 11:56 PM   #15
jeepgaffer
2006 WK 

While I wouldn't call it whistling it is definately a louder sucking-sound (kinda like "shhh") when I first turn my Jeep on. It goes away after a minute or two, or when I give it gas. I have the K&N 77-series intake on my 3.7L Laredo, by the way.

When I first put it on, I though it was loud...and after a few days, I put the stock intake back on (because I had to take it to the dealer for some unrelated exhaust work), but I noticed a similar sound from the stock intake, but it was much quieter. I have since put the K&N intake back on my Jeep, and I have gotten used to the sound, and I actually kinda like it!

I think the sound is 'normal,' but it is just louder than what it normally would be do to the larger filter/tube and lack of any airbox to baffle the sound. At least that's what I've told myself!

Hope this helps!
jeepgaffer is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.