K&N Air filter in CRD - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > K&N Air filter in CRD

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 02-26-2008, 07:20 PM   #1
JeepCRD

K&N Air filter in CRD

Has anyone replaced the factory air filter with the K&N drop in air filter? Any performance increase? Sound?

JeepCRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2008, 08:03 PM   #2
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Last time I checked K&N did not offer a filter for the 3.0L. I sent in a request to make one.
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2008, 08:54 PM   #3
----

They do in-fact manufacture a drop-in filter. I was even able to purchase it at Advance Auto Parts. For reference, it's the same model number as the K&N Drop-In Filter for the 2.8 CRD in the Liberty.

-As far as performance, etc. you can hear the turbo sucking lots of air, though it equates to muffling the sound of a vacuum cleaner and hearing the air rush through the hose (i.e. VERY RESTRICTED).

I can't say that I've observed any noticeable difference which I equate to having only 7k miles on my engine thus far. K&N states that the dyno-measured gains were 6hp and 6tq.

I'm averaging 20mpg city and 20mpg hwy.

Last edited by ----; 02-27-2008 at 08:58 AM..
---- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2008, 12:59 AM   #4
s3eblue
2007 WK 

Just some food for thought http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/airfilter/airtest1.htm I'm not anti performance filters, I've used several K&N on my autos. It's not the most scientific of tests but it's worth a read. when my filter needs replacing I think I'll try the Amsoil Ea filter.
s3eblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2008, 07:20 AM   #5
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Thanks for the info Three
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2008, 07:54 AM   #6
array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Oh DSL View Post
They do in-fact manufacture a drop-in filter. I was even able to purchase it at Advance Auto Parts. For reference, it's the same model number as the K&N Drop-In Filter for the 2.8 CRD in the Liberty.

-As far as performance, etc. you can hear the turbo sucking lots of air, though it equates to muffling the sound of a vacuum cleaner and hearing the air rush through the hose (i.e. VERY RESTRICTED).

I can't say that I've observed any noticeable difference which I equate to having only 7k miles on my engine thus far. K&N states that the dyno-measured gains were 6hp and 6tq.

I'm averaging 20mpg city and 20mpg hwy.
how doest it costs? and how does it look like?
www.cardomain.com/id/array
array is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2008, 02:57 PM   #7
----

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=33-2233
---- is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.