Jvenrick's Mean Green Build Thread - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Jvenrick's Mean Green Build Thread

UCF Halloween Sale - 15% Off Until Midnight on Friday!Halloween Savings to die for!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 03-02-2014, 09:54 AM   #91
m07wk
2007 WK 

What size is your solid diff cover?

m07wk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2014, 09:56 PM   #92
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

It's the solid Chrysler 8.25.
2007 Grand Cherokee Rocky Mountain Edition: 4.7L V8- QTII- Green- Mopar Recovery Hooks Front/Rear- 2in Rough Country lift- 265/70/17 Cooper discover AT3's- 1in BORA wheel spacers- Rola roof basket with extension- F-150 Monroe load levelers- Putco window vents- plasti-dipped wheels- Stillen rotors and pads- solid diff cover- N Dure tail light guards
Jvenrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2014, 03:46 PM   #93
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

Was able to get my new key cut, and moved the electronics over to the new shell. love this key!! I always thought the original key design was horrible.

2007 Grand Cherokee Rocky Mountain Edition: 4.7L V8- QTII- Green- Mopar Recovery Hooks Front/Rear- 2in Rough Country lift- 265/70/17 Cooper discover AT3's- 1in BORA wheel spacers- Rola roof basket with extension- F-150 Monroe load levelers- Putco window vents- plasti-dipped wheels- Stillen rotors and pads- solid diff cover- N Dure tail light guards
Unread 04-13-2014, 04:51 PM   #94
suzq044
2005 WK 

That was my first "mod" for my jeep. Lol
Unread 04-15-2014, 10:13 PM   #95
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzq044 View Post
That was my first "mod" for my jeep. Lol
Ha. Yeah should have done it months ago.
Unread 05-07-2014, 07:13 PM   #96
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

Took the day off and did some maintenance work on the wk. was able to drain and fill the trans and replace the filters, new spark plugs, repaired the trans cooler lines, and replaced the lower ball joints. What a huge difference!! I also picked up all the accessories for my cb install. Hope to get that wrapped up this weekend, think I have figured out a good mounting point for everything!!
Unread 05-07-2014, 07:58 PM   #97
ColoradoGrand05
2005 WK 

I really love that color and what you've done. How has the Rola held up in the weather here?

Colorado Jeep club #288
ColoradoGrand05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2014, 11:03 PM   #98
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

Thanks a lot dude!!

The Rola is doing well, I have been meaning to weld it up, but have not gotten around to it. I have used silicone to more or less waterproof it though and that has been working just fine.
Unread 06-07-2014, 07:30 PM   #99
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

ok guys I need your help. so I did a mock-up install of the CB, and the SWR's are very bad. Im at 3:1 on both channel 1 and 40. This reading is in an open empty lot, so there is no interference. Can anyone help me figure this out? here are a couple pictures of what im thinking. again this is just a mock-up, ill hide it all and make it look clean once I know I am able to successfully tune it. thanks!!

here are some pics of the mount. I have tried it on the top rail and it is now on the bottom rail, just because that way it fits in my garage. I have no problem moving it to the top again if its worth it. the antenna is on a HD spring and a quick release mount. I know this mount is not the best by any means, so im thinking of purchasing the SA antenna mount with hopes that it will give a better ground... if that's my issue?

I got the cobra 75wxst so here is where im mounting the mic plug

I mounted the transceiver box to the back of the cubby in the dash that's on the driver side next to your left knee

and I fed the power wires directly to the positive terminal on the battery and grounded it on one of the engine bay grounds.

Unread 06-07-2014, 09:28 PM   #100
BoraBora
2006 WK 

It's your mount. The mount needs to be in solid contact with the frame to form a ground. The old school Aspen Creek mounts ground by being screwed in, so for that taillight guard mount you can run a wire through the mount and ground it.
2006 Black WK, Modified OME HD ~3.5'', Bilstein 5100's, 1.5" Wheel Spacers, Black JK Moabs, 285/70/R17 Duratracs, 7W Reverse LED's, tow hooks, 2 Hella 500ff's behind grill, Expanded sheet metal grill, ORT badge, Tail light guards, Firestik 3', Aux. input, Black housing headlights, Stingray roof basket, 2 Hella 500ffs on roof rack, 18% tint.
BoraBora is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2014, 12:00 AM   #101
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

Great, thanks. I'm assuming the SA mount is the same design as the aspen creek one?
Unread 06-08-2014, 07:28 AM   #102
BoraBora
2006 WK 

Yep same design.
2006 Black WK, Modified OME HD ~3.5'', Bilstein 5100's, 1.5" Wheel Spacers, Black JK Moabs, 285/70/R17 Duratracs, 7W Reverse LED's, tow hooks, 2 Hella 500ff's behind grill, Expanded sheet metal grill, ORT badge, Tail light guards, Firestik 3', Aux. input, Black housing headlights, Stingray roof basket, 2 Hella 500ffs on roof rack, 18% tint.
BoraBora is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2014, 03:16 PM   #103
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

well guys, with the help of the steel armadillo antenna mount I was able to mount and successfully tune my CB. Currently at 1.7 on both channel 1 and 40, and that was just in my drive way with tree interference. Im going out to the family farm in a couple weeks so I will re-tune it out there with no inference. I also purchased and installed the steel armadillo secure counsel. I love it. very well made, and perfect for my concealed carry 380.

Unread 08-28-2014, 10:23 PM   #104
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

Hey guys been awhile since I have updated this. Been having a real fun summer exploring all over Colorado. Here are just a couple pics of the fun I have been having.

Unread 08-29-2014, 06:26 AM   #105
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Great Sand Dunes National Park and Medano Pass - been there. Beautiful.

Looks like you're getting out and enjoying your state, Evan, nice!

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.