Jvenrick's Mean Green Build Thread - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Jvenrick's Mean Green Build Thread

Custom Axle Work at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 09-28-2013, 07:13 PM   #76
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

That makes perfect sense. Thanks for the info!!

2007 Grand Cherokee Rocky Mountain Edition: 4.7L V8- QTII- Green- Mopar Recovery Hooks Front/Rear- 2in Rough Country lift- 265/70/17 Cooper discover AT3's- 1in BORA wheel spacers- Rola roof basket with extension- F-150 Monroe load levelers- Putco window vents- plasti-dipped wheels- Stillen rotors and pads- solid diff cover- N Dure tail light guards
Jvenrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2014, 06:55 PM   #77
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

Hey guys, I'm starting to price out everything I need for a CB/ weather radio set-up, and was wondering if the 4xguard antenna mount is our only option or are there universal (and hopefully cheaper) mounts out there? Also I'm contemplating mounting it on the roof rack opposed to on the rear light. This would mean I could look at shorter antennas right? Maybe a 2ft instead of 3 or 4? Thanks for any insight!!
2007 Grand Cherokee Rocky Mountain Edition: 4.7L V8- QTII- Green- Mopar Recovery Hooks Front/Rear- 2in Rough Country lift- 265/70/17 Cooper discover AT3's- 1in BORA wheel spacers- Rola roof basket with extension- F-150 Monroe load levelers- Putco window vents- plasti-dipped wheels- Stillen rotors and pads- solid diff cover- N Dure tail light guards
Unread 01-31-2014, 01:46 PM   #78
Budasac
2005 WK 

If you have a drill and a grinder or cutoff saw you can easily make an antenna mount for a few $$. All you need to buy is a small price of 1"x1" angle from the hardware store (or better yet locate a scrap piece for free). I have some pics in my build thread, I'll see if I can find them for you.

Edit: I can't seem to post them from my phone but, if you're interested, check out my build thread, Oct/2011 is where the pics are posted.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2014, 10:12 AM   #79
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

Awesome thanks Buda. Hope to be ordering the cb and other parts this month!!
Unread 02-17-2014, 04:51 PM   #80
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

Was a great day today, so ended up cleaning her and installed my new N Dure taillight guards. I like them a lot but the driver side still needs a little work to get it completely straight.

image-1494394894.jpg

image-1394046050.jpg

image-3083709996.jpg

image-3783614384.jpg

image-3535162007.jpg
Unread 02-23-2014, 07:34 PM   #81
m07wk
2007 WK 

"I loved the look of the lift but with stock tires it just looked a little unfinished. So i decided to do some saving and research. I decided to go with the new Cooper Discoverer AT3's in 265/70-17. I love these tires, have been nothing short of great!! I picked them up for $145/tire at a local tire shop, could not pass up the deal. I had to install 1in spacers on the front wheels, but did not have to cut the bolt and have zero rubbing!!"

With lift and spacers did you have to do the pinch weld mod or no?
m07wk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2014, 09:56 PM   #82
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

I have the rc lift, and BORA 1in spacers. No pinch weld. when I first installed everything there was no rubbing. Now my struts are pretty shot so they rub just a little when taking a corner fast. I plan to do the pinch weld when I get new struts.

I also have a question for you guys. I have a little extra cash and was wanting to get my front windows tinted. It has been pretty cold here lately; but if we were to get a nice weekend, finger crossed, would it be alright to get them tinted? Or is it I'll advised in general to get your windows tinted during colder months? Wanna get something that will last.
Unread 02-25-2014, 10:21 PM   #83
Anon155
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvenrick View Post
I also have a question for you guys. I have a little extra cash and was wanting to get my front windows tinted. It has been pretty cold here lately; but if we were to get a nice weekend, finger crossed, would it be alright to get them tinted? Or is it I'll advised in general to get your windows tinted during colder months? Wanna get something that will last.
Window tint works and is applied just like a decal. It can be done at any time since they apply it indoors. Any small air/water bubbles left over will evaporate with sunlight. It does help when it's warmer for that reason tho. After the tint is installed you won't be able to actually use your windows for a few days which will also help with the drying process. I would recommend going to a quality tint guy, one who works with the main car dealerships in your area, since they do high volume and are usually pretty knowledgeable when it comes to different vehicles. I would get something that is 14-18% to help match the stock 20% on the back windows. The darker tint in front will contrast with the windshield and sunroof that allow a lot of light to come through. Good luck buddy!
05 Jeep Grand Cherokee: ORT 4X4; Khaki #55
Too many mod's to list...
Anon155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2014, 06:08 AM   #84
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Hey Jvenrick, Have you priced out your CB/ weather radio set up yet? Im trying to do the same but trying to find a Cb readio with NAOO is slim pickings it looks like.
Unread 02-26-2014, 10:58 PM   #85
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

Do you mean NOAA? That's exactly what I'm looking for. All I want is a weather radio but can't find any. So the best option I have found is the cobra hand held cb. It has all cb functions and 10 weather channels and it's compact. The best price other than used I have found is Walmart for around $92. As for antenna, coax, and mounting I'm still researching that. I'm hopping to do the install myself. So hopefully looking around $150 give or take.
Unread 02-26-2014, 11:01 PM   #86
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon155 View Post
Window tint works and is applied just like a decal. It can be done at any time since they apply it indoors. Any small air/water bubbles left over will evaporate with sunlight. It does help when it's warmer for that reason tho. After the tint is installed you won't be able to actually use your windows for a few days which will also help with the drying process. I would recommend going to a quality tint guy, one who works with the main car dealerships in your area, since they do high volume and are usually pretty knowledgeable when it comes to different vehicles. I would get something that is 14-18% to help match the stock 20% on the back windows. The darker tint in front will contrast with the windshield and sunroof that allow a lot of light to come through. Good luck buddy!
Thanks. Hope to get this done the next nice weekend we have!! Window tint is measured by the percent of light that's let thru correct?
Unread 02-26-2014, 11:06 PM   #87
Anon155
2005 WK 

Quote:
Thanks. Hope to get this done the next nice weekend we have!! Window tint is measured by the percent of light that's let thru correct?
Correct. The lower the number, the darker and less light can pass through.
05 Jeep Grand Cherokee: ORT 4X4; Khaki #55
Too many mod's to list...
Anon155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2014, 05:54 AM   #88
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Do you mean NOAA? That's exactly what I'm looking for. All I want is a weather radio but can't find any. So the best option I have found is the cobra hand held cb. It has all cb functions and 10 weather channels and it's compact. The best price other than used I have found is Walmart for around $92. As for antenna, coax, and mounting I'm still researching that. I'm hopping to do the install myself. So hopefully looking around $150 give or take.
Yes sorry haha, I get the letters backwards about every time. I searched all day yesterday for a decent one and the best (cheap) one I have found is the Midland 1001LWX. Reviews read pretty good on it. I also was looking at the Cobra 18WX but it got voted one of the worst CB radios. I like the handhelds but I have always heard of people having problems with them. As for antenna look into the Firestik im going to be picking up one 3Ft long (Don't forget to buy a spring!). I was lucky and ended up getting an antenna mount from Aspen Creek right before they went out of business. I believe The Steel Armadillo picked up their design and sells it for right around the same price.
Unread 02-27-2014, 09:55 PM   #89
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

Yeah I'm def getting a firestick antenna. Not sure if I want to make my own mount that will attach to my rear tail light guard or get the armidillo mount. The cb I'm looking at is the cobra 75wxst.
Unread 02-28-2014, 07:20 AM   #90
caulk04
2008 WK 

I wouldn't go darker than 20%. You really don't want the front darker than the rear, attracts more attention from Johnny Law (if that's an issue in CO) and looks funny to boot. I usually go with 25-30% for front windows only. I just put 30% on my wifes new Jeep and it's almost a perfect match to the rears.

FWIW, it's not hard to do yourself. I buy pre-cut tint on eBay and do it myself in a couple hours tops. I got the two front windows for a Patriot for $17 shipped.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.