Jvenrick's Mean Green Build Thread - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Jvenrick's Mean Green Build Thread

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 09-04-2013, 10:37 PM   #61
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvenrick View Post
Thanks dude!!

That's the great thing about plati dip. Don't like it? Peel it off. I'm actually debating if I should actually paint my center caps and lugs, code matching green...think it would be a nice addition, but at the same time the subtle flashes of silver break it up a bit.
Leave 'em silver - the green wouldn't even be noticeable unless close-up.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 08:49 AM   #62
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

took the old man out for a drive and some fishing for his birthday. was a great time. WK did great on the trails. only problem was on the way back home it stalled on me. RPM's have been weird lately, im gonna replace the MAP sensor and see if that fixes the problem!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

even had some MRE's for lunch! ha
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
2007 Grand Cherokee Rocky Mountain Edition: 4.7L V8- QTII- Green- Mopar Recovery Hooks Front/Rear- 2in Rough Country lift- 265/70/17 Cooper discover AT3's- 1in BORA wheel spacers- Rola roof basket with extension- F-150 Monroe load levelers- Putco window vents- plasti-dipped wheels- Stillen rotors and pads- solid diff cover- N Dure tail light guards
Jvenrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 11:29 PM   #63
ScottHarr_TJ
2010 WK 

Love your build man. Diggin the color combo. Did you score that Rola off amazon?
Blue Jeep Club Memeber #132?
My Custom Back Seat Box Build
ScottHarr_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2013, 07:25 PM   #64
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

Thanks a lot bud. I actually got it off eTrailer. They had it for the best price when I was looking!
2007 Grand Cherokee Rocky Mountain Edition: 4.7L V8- QTII- Green- Mopar Recovery Hooks Front/Rear- 2in Rough Country lift- 265/70/17 Cooper discover AT3's- 1in BORA wheel spacers- Rola roof basket with extension- F-150 Monroe load levelers- Putco window vents- plasti-dipped wheels- Stillen rotors and pads- solid diff cover- N Dure tail light guards
Unread 09-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #65
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

Got some armor today. Gonna get a couple coats of clear and get it installed next weekend hopefully, along with new fluids!! Can't wait.

image-2525428942.jpg
Unread 09-14-2013, 02:50 PM   #66
05SilVer
2005 WK 

Hey your WK looks awesome! Where did you buy the roof rack?

05 Grand cherokee limited
OME 2" lift.
265/70r17
1.5 wheel spacers
Max Energy Hypertech
05SilVer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 07:49 PM   #67
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

thanks! got the roof rack off etrailer.
Unread 09-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #68
JeepN4KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvenrick View Post
Got some armor today. Gonna get a couple coats of clear and get it installed next weekend hopefully, along with new fluids!! Can't wait.

Attachment 676057

That sure is a purdy glass what with the colorful hearts an' all............

Nice choice on the Solid diff cover - things are exactly that: solid

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
Unread 09-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #69
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
That sure is a purdy glass what with the colorful hearts an' all............

Nice choice on the Solid diff cover - things are exactly that: solid

Haha. We have had that glass for years. It does what we need! Ha
Unread 09-21-2013, 09:52 PM   #70
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

Got the diff cover installed. Decided to paint the letters color matched green. I'll get better pics tomorrow!

image-1074721173.jpg

image-327110598.jpg
image-2189167173.jpg

Unread 09-21-2013, 10:04 PM   #71
05SilVer
2005 WK 

That cover looks awesome!

05 Grand cherokee limited
OME 2" lift.
265/70r17
1.5 wheel spacers
Max Energy Hypertech
05SilVer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 09:21 PM   #72
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

Thanks silver!

Hey guys quick question. Would there be any cons to filling the rear diff up to the bottom of the fill hole on the new cover? In know the solid cover is deeper and requires more fluid anyways. So why not fill it as high as you can? Or is this a bad idea?
Unread 09-28-2013, 01:03 PM   #73
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

^^ bump?
Unread 09-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #74
bhawks28
2009 WK 

I believe putting too much fluid in doesn't allow it to cool down as well. I could be wrong on that though...
Unread 09-28-2013, 05:26 PM   #75
JeepN4KC

I add about 8 ounces over the 70 that's called for. The Solid cover is a little deeper than the stock - and really the 8 extra ounces is just an arbitrary amount that I thought seemed a good ballpark.

The fill hole is higher to account for the axle rotating slightly when the rig is lifted.

Putting too much gear oil in the diff for one wastes gear oil and for another you get oil running into the axle tubes and then get to find out if your hub bearings and seals are good to go. :-(

Plus - you're wanting to lubricate the gears in there, not cause them to swim in oil.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.