Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Jvenrick's Mean Green Build Thread

41K views 183 replies 43 participants last post by  nvrdone1 
#1 ·
Hey there guys, I have been vistiting this site more and more and first would just like to say thank you to everyone for all the great insight, ideas and knowledge...That being said, my Jeep is SLOWLY becoming the WK I want it to be. So of course its time for a build thread!! I got the WK in January of 2011, its a 2007 Larado Rocky Mountain Edition. It has the V8, with QTII, Ronin II rims, and front and rear recovery hooks...and my favorite part the color, metalic green!! Here are a couple pics of when she was stock!!

I can never leave a car or truck alone so i quickly started to figure out what I wanted to do with the WK. Im a big outdoors guy and really wanted a simple but capable overland vehicle. So I decided to first get the 2in Rough County Spacer Lift. Its a great lift for the price and is very well made.

Also around the same time I removed the front air deflector.

I loved the look of the lift but with stock tires it just looked a little unfinished. So i decided to do some saving and research. I decided to go with the new Cooper Discoverer AT3's in 265/70-17. I love these tires, have been nothing short of great!! I picked them up for $145/tire at a local tire shop, could not pass up the deal. I had to install 1in spacers on the front wheels, but did not have to cut the bolt and have zero rubbing!!

Much more to come...Just need some time!! Wheel safe.

See less See more
#8 ·
Lookin good, dude!

I notice yours is an '07 4.7 Rocky Mountain Edition, as is mine, but mine doesn't have an OEM rear tow hook but it does have the factory hitch/tow package. Does yours have a sunroof, Boston sound system, "Cherokee" Kickplates in front door floor panels?

I ask because the differences I noticed from your pics are weird since I thought the RME was a package deal of standard options.

#10 ·
Lookin good, dude!

I notice yours is an '07 4.7 Rocky Mountain Edition, as is mine, but mine doesn't have an OEM rear tow hook but it does have the factory hitch/tow package. Does yours have a sunroof, Boston sound system, "Cherokee" Kickplates in front door floor panels?

I ask because the differences I noticed from your pics are weird since I thought the RME was a package deal of standard options.
Thanks dude!! Thats funny you ask about the RME package because I thought the same thing, but apparently there are different versions/options. I even saw a V6 RME...but to answer your question, yes. I do have the sunroof, Boston sound system, and cherokee kickplates, it also has the tow package but not the hitch... go figure. ha. Im not sure if i wanna stay with the hook or get the hitch. I also have "Jeep" stitched in the head rests.

#9 ·
I ordered a couple new toys for the WK a couple weeks ago and they came in last week, so i finally got them all installed. I ended up getting the Rola Roof Basket W/ commander extension, Monroe Load Levelers for F-150, and a set of Putco Window vents front and rear. Everything went on pretty easily, the Levelers took a little thinking on how to compress the spring enought to get it in but i got it figured out!! The rola is great too. I was a little worried about the strength of the section that hangs off the stock rails and over the sun roof, but it is very sturdy. I plan on welding it up soon, but even for now it can def handle some weight.

This is how the Jeep is currently sitting, but of course its never done!! Next Im planning the expanded sheet metal grill, some spacers on the rear wheels, debadging the stupid Flex Fuel badge, and possibly plasti-dipping the rims. Man this is an expensive addiction!! haha:D

#12 ·
Ya I was very puzzled when the dealer said it has the tow package but no hitch. But I guess everything is wired up and ready to go. I don't tow to much so it's not a big deal at the time....I love the Rola rack. I'm real happy I got the extension too, just a little something different!!

#19 ·
Went up to the mountains for a little trail riding up by Rollins pass today. Dont have any actual trail pics but got some good ones to and from. Was really great to get out of the city. Nothing crazy but was a great day!!

#21 ·
Just got home from putting the WK through its paces. We took a road trip to Canada, and then on the way home did some camping in North Dakota, and South Dakota. The trip was great, and we were even in South Dakota during Sturgis so we saw some awesome bikes. The Jeep did great, other than gas milage, it was perfect for the whole trip!!! Could not have been happier with it.

Here are just a couple pics from the trip...

was a little rainy in North Dakota, but still a great time!

and some pics from South Dakota in Custer Nation Park, if you have not been there i highly recommend it, it was beautiful!!

#30 ·
Hey guys been awhile since i have been on here. Went on a little day trip over the long weekend to the Apex and Eldora area for some bumps with my pops. Was a lot of fun and great weather, about 65 above timberland. Lots of fun!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.