Just purchased today BLK 06 6 cyl 4x4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Just purchased today BLK 06 6 cyl 4x4

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-17-2006, 01:50 AM   #1
INDO

Just purchased today BLK 06 6 cyl 4x4

Hey all new to the forums
Wellp just purchased my 06' BLK commander and its awesome! a cheaper G-wagon, and the thing looks BAD.
MODS-
1-I have the cloth interior(eww) and plan on getting it re-wrapped with black leather
2-22's(im sorry for all the off road fans- which I love to do, traded my Z-71 offroad tahoe for it, with 35'' tires)
3-3 or 4 tvs with touchscreen/NAV in the dash/center console.
4-And a JL W-7 13'' single sub in the back,
I'v got 40 miles on her so far, hopin she'll be able to haul my boat!

INDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2006, 07:59 PM   #2
Chipster009

Did you have a sub encloure made to fit where the rear side panels usually go? Or did you simply throw a box enclosure there... taking up precious cargo space??
Unread 05-18-2006, 12:06 AM   #3
SYCOHEMI

Congrats on the new ride!

Curious - how much do you estimate it will cost for the full seat interior rewrap?

I wouldn't mind making my leather seats look a little sportier, maybe adding some contrasting color leather middle inserts or something. Be sure and post pics of the leather work.
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
SYCOHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2006, 12:03 PM   #4
INDO

Woops, sorry guys, those mods are future not present.I don't have them yet.
Thanks
Unread 05-18-2006, 12:08 PM   #5
INDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCOHEMI
Congrats on the new ride!

Curious - how much do you estimate it will cost for the full seat interior rewrap?

I wouldn't mind making my leather seats look a little sportier, maybe adding some contrasting color leather middle inserts or something. Be sure and post pics of the leather work.
I was quoted $1000-1400, thinking the later because the 3rd row.But I also asked if it would look factory, yup , so I'll post before and after pix.
Unread 05-19-2006, 12:37 AM   #6
SYCOHEMI

Cool. Thanks for the info. Looking forward to seeing the results.
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
SYCOHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2006, 01:04 AM   #7
INDO

update

Well I went ahead and ordered the Black leather kit last Wednesday.Should be here anyday now,I have the Blueish cloth interior in it right now.Ordered the towing hitch kit w/ ball from Jeep 4x4 Center, should be comming in.
I went ahead and purchased a Kenwood 6.5'' CD/DVD/NAV/GPS touchscreen(I had one in my last car and it is BAD A** highly recommend it.)2 JL audio 6x9's for the front doors, 2 JL audio 6.5'' for the rears with the 1'' dome tweeters.All is on the way , and should be installed in the next couple of weeks.

Towards the future-
-)paint the grey door panels and dash from that hideous grey(which really doesn't match anything in the car) to a black with some trim paint.
-) retinting the front windows to match the cargo area windows.
-) the rear view mirriors, handles on the doors, the plastic side panels with the "Commander" logo on it, and repaint them the same as the car(black).
-) 2 Headrest Tvs, and 2 JL audio 13'' W-7s subs.
-) and can't forget the 22'' D vinci rims that I can't wait to set this Jeep off!!!

Im still looking for any dash kits for this car, woudlnt mind getting the wood that all you 4.7 people have.

Thanks and pics on the way!!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.