JKS Quicker Disconnects - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > JKS Quicker Disconnects

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 10-05-2010, 09:30 PM   #1
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

JKS Quicker Disconnects

Ok so I posted a quick pic in the picture thread which received a lot of attention so I am making a thread for them. I got these from Rusty's Offroad. I was originally looking to get the extended sway bar links that they use in their 4.5" kit. Once I found out that they are now using JKS Quicker Disconnects and have not had any problems with them, I had to have them. They cost me $140. I do believe they were for a JK and I think the PN is 2034. I am not sure what they did or added, if anything, to make them work for the WK. Here is how the install went...

I started by lifting the front end off the ground, removing the tires, and letting the suspension hang free. I figured this would be the easiest way to tackle both sides without them fighting each other. Then I disconnected the bottom link bolt on the LCA.

Then the top link bolt removing the link all together.

Then I installed the Tapered Mounting Post onto the LCA using some Loctite and slid on the Offset Polyurethane Spacer.

Followed by the top Tapered Mounting Post onto the sway bar.

Then I extended the link out to the desired length, slid it onto the lower pin, and secured it into position using the Click Pin.

Followed by the top.

After it was secured into position I used a crescent wrench to tighten the nut on the link which I was not able to get very tight before. I had also applied some Loctite to the threads as well.

And there you have it. Quicker Disconnects!

After finishing I took it out for a test drive to make sure everything was tight and aligned well. I did not get any weird noises, creaks, or clunks. They are relatively easy to slide on and off, which I knew they would be. I know these will work for a 2-3" lift and am pretty sure they would work on a stock Wk as well, since they collapse down to a stock length link. I am not sure how long the links are that come with the SL or BDS 4" lifts but if Rusty's is using them on theirs, then I am sure they would be fine. I hope this is informative and gives the necessary info you were all looking for.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2010, 10:51 PM   #2
lagonwagon
2007 WK 

Omelet,

You rock man! Great find! This is next on my list.
2007 WK Limited (white), QDII, Hemi, OME HD lift, JBA UCA's, Treadwright Guard Dogs 32.25's, Fuel wheels, K&N CAI, BT catch can, 4xGuard rails & belly skid, Saguaro 4x front shackle mounts, tow hitch shackle mount [B][COLOR="Blue"](SOLD)[/COLOR][/B]
lagonwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2010, 06:07 AM   #3
BonesWK
2006 WK 

man, thanks for posting this... seems like a pretty cut and dry install.
2006 Black WK Limited 4.7 4x4 QD II -- RR 2.25" Lift - JK Moabs - 32" Wildpeaks - Rear OME Shocks - AFE Stage 2 Intake - Saguaro 4x Front Shackles - 1-1/2" Wheel Spacers - Tail Light Guards - CB - 4' Firestik - Rola Roof Rack - Exhaust
If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Chive On
BonesWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2010, 07:36 AM   #4
TOAOST21
2007 WK 

thanks man, awesome write up on the install. these are definitely next on my list of add ons to the WK
TOAOST21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2010, 03:58 AM   #5
ahmed255
2012 JK Wrangler 

Very good installation write up .. thanks for sharing

I assume you do this to extend the wheel travel for off-road ,, Any pics for the wheel travel difference in both cases stock length and disconnected?
Unread 12-14-2010, 08:51 AM   #6
stanton3
2007 WK 

Does anyone make disconnects for the rear?
2007 WK 4x4 | OME HD 3" Lift | OME Shocks front + rear | 265/70/17 BFG All Terrains | 1.25" Wheel Spacers on stock wheels | Saguaro4xcomponents 5/8" Front recovery shackles | Aries Taillight Guards | PIAA 510 fogs in stock location | Midland 1001z Cb | Mopar Rear recovery hook | Rola Roof Rack |2 Hella 500ffs mounted behind grill | Firestick 3' Antenna | Saguaro Antenna Mount | Front Bumper Cut/Fender Trim | OEM Front suspension skid | 4xguard Front skid | Rusty's .5" Front Spacer | Lots more to come

[SIZE="3"]Want to buy: 4xguard Rear Guard[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/stanton3s-build-wk-1134656/"]My Build[/URL][/SIZE]

[B][COLOR="Gray"]
[SIZE="3"][URL="http://wrjeepclub.com/"]Warner Robins Jeep Club[/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
stanton3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2010, 09:32 AM   #7
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

ahmed255 - Good to see you back around here! Its been a while. Ya these things are intended to maximize your articulation. Just pull one out and let the IFS work! I don't have any flex shot right now, but I can post some up this weekend.

stanton3 - I am not sure about the rear. I am actually planning on putting some back there soon. It would be easy. I need to compare the rear top bolt threads to the front lower arm threads to see if they are the same. If so it is as easy as the front just mount them upside down. If it is differant then I will probably just reuse the top bolt in the rear and just have the Tapered Mounting Post bolted to the swaybar like it is in the front.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2010, 07:14 PM   #8
hughes278
2006 TJ Wrangler 

awsome, i can't wait to see the pics
hughes278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2010, 08:24 PM   #9
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Thanks for the post Omelet - Always so resourceful ... I'm wondering how beneficial this would be for the rear sway bars though?
Unread 12-14-2010, 09:35 PM   #10
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Novel idea but the noises will come along with many broken pins.Some have used them on the IFS on a KJ and alway's resulted in very loud noises and broken parts and almost everyone later removed them and installed OE style links.The swaybars on a IFS are pretty stout and stress those disconnects to much.Sure they limit front flex but this also keeps the CV's more in there safe operating ranges also.

Just remove the rear swaybar,you'll never now your driving without it anyways as it's a Jeep and not a Corvette.
Unread 12-14-2010, 10:40 PM   #11
ahmed255
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanton3 View Post
Does anyone make disconnects for the rear?

you can use the same brand of these disconnects JKS (part # 2001) ..

Look at this thread in jeepcommander.com someone did it there:

JKS Rear Sway Bar Quick Disconnects - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_WK View Post
Thanks for the post Omelet - Always so resourceful ... I'm wondering how beneficial this would be for the rear sway bars though?
it is actually more beneficial for the rear more than the front due to the solid axle.
Unread 12-15-2010, 03:58 PM   #12
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Well what I mean is... I don't really see the purpose of a swaybar for the rear in the first place which would defeat the purpose of these disconnects... I know they are decent for on-road and what not. But I guess this would be a really nice alternative to taking a wrench to it every time you go out or leaving it disconnected all the time. I am starting to see the usefulness of it.
Unread 12-15-2010, 05:25 PM   #13
Robert J. yates
1998 TJ Wrangler 

We have this discussion all of the time in the TJ forum.... a properly functioning rear swaybar will not limit flex while adding to off camber stability. Its simply not sufficiently sized so as to reduce flex such as that with the front. MA is to leave the rear alone.

As for the front... I have the JKS disco's on my daughter's XJ and they do tend to get beat up a bit by the swaybar moving around. I guess I am also curious as to the effect of a disco'd front bar on CV's as well as the steering rack.
Robert J. yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 02:24 PM   #14
criket
2005 WK 

Bump.

So I'm thinking of going with these from Rusty's. I've read the other thread where you disconnect both sides but i think i'm going with just one side (personal preference).

Omelet, could you give me a sort of pros and cons on this product please?

I have a 2" lift.

Thanks!!!
2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG antenna mount | Rola roof
criket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 02:39 PM   #15
Acidcold
2005 WK 

Just ordered a set from JBA and they will be longer for my SL! I have had my knuckles bleed almost every time i went wheeling due to removing the sway links!
Acidcold is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.