Jeepforthewin's Build Thread - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Jeepforthewin's Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 10-31-2013, 10:03 AM   #31
bobbylx
2008 WK 

Very nice. I gotta say, these black WK's look much better de-chromed.

bobbylx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2013, 12:12 PM   #32
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbylx
Very nice. I gotta say, these black WK's look much better de-chromed.
Thanks! I wasn't sure what direction I wanted to go with it but once I installed the black rims i thought it would look best blacked out. Gotta say I am happy I went this route!
Unread 11-01-2013, 03:41 PM   #33
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

First part of the new lift came in today (isolators) EGR module should be here early next week and the Bilstein 5100's shocks and struts will be shipped out next week. Now the wait for the Superlift and I will be good to go!
Unread 11-03-2013, 05:28 PM   #34
K9SAR
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin View Post
First part of the new lift came in today (isolators) EGR module should be here early next week and the Bilstein 5100's shocks and struts will be shipped out next week. Now the wait for the Superlift and I will be good to go!
'06 Overland 5.7 Hemi / QDII / Silver WK Member #59, LED Backup lights, AEV Argent Pintlers, Floor liners. Gibson 3" Stainless Steel Exhaust, 6" Hybrid Superlift / OME lift, 6" JBA rear springs, JBA UCA's, 35x12.5/17 Goodyear MTR's, Steel Armadillo Rock Sliders, 4xGuard Bash Plates
K9SAR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2013, 01:14 PM   #35
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Came home to a brown box on the porch EGR module is here!

image-3114830696.jpg
Unread 11-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #36
ryann04
2008 WK 

Quote:
Came home to a brown box on the porch EGR module is here!

Attachment 818066
The EGR module is to correct the Electronic stability/traction control correct? I thought they are for the superlift? Are you trying to use it on a hybrid lift of some sorts, or did you get a superlift?

I'm asking because if I can utilize this piece without the superlift, on my OME HD lift and 33's, then I'll be super happy. Then when I do get my superlift.. I will already have this great piece. How much did you pay for it if you don't mind my asking?
Blue WK Club Member #42 // DIESEL FTW !!!! -Ryan

Last edited by ryann04; 11-05-2013 at 01:25 PM.. Reason: I can't spell...
ryann04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2013, 01:31 PM   #37
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryann04
The EGR module is to correct the Electronic stability/traction control correct? I thought they are for the superlift? Are you trying to use it on a hybrid lift of some sorts, or did you get a superlift? I'm asking because if I can utilize this piece without the superlift, on my OME HD lift and 33's, then I'll be super happy. Then when I do get my superlift.. I will already have this great piece. How much did you pay for it if you don't mind my asking?
Yes the EGR is for the ESP issues affiliated with our Jeeps. I do have a Superlift on order but am making it into a 6" lift. I am not sure on using it with an OME lift, you would be the first person I know of to use it. I don't believe there is a reason for it though as I havnt heard any issues with ESP with an OME lift. IIRC the EGR module cost around $280.
Unread 11-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #38
sk1er18
2007 XK Commander 

I contacted AEV about the EGR module for more detail on exactly what it does because i was hoping to just use my flashpaq when i get the SL and save some money....

The superlift knuckles actually change the steering rate; ie rotation of steering wheel equates to a different change in steering angle due to the knuckles (the tie rod connection relative to the spindle axis is different). Our vehicles are very sensitive to this. I wouldn't use the EGR with anything but the superlift.
Unread 11-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #39
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk1er18
I contacted AEV about the EGR module for more detail on exactly what it does because i was hoping to just use my flashpaq when i get the SL and save some money.... The superlift knuckles actually change the steering rate; ie rotation of steering wheel equates to a different change in steering angle due to the knuckles (the tie rod connection relative to the spindle axis is different). Our vehicles are very sensitive to this. I wouldn't use the EGR with anything but the superlift.
Thanks for the info! I always wondered how the lift affected our ESP systems. I never thought about this
Unread 11-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #40
ryann04
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk1er18 View Post
I contacted AEV about the EGR module for more detail on exactly what it does because i was hoping to just use my flashpaq when i get the SL and save some money....

The superlift knuckles actually change the steering rate; ie rotation of steering wheel equates to a different change in steering angle due to the knuckles (the tie rod connection relative to the spindle axis is different). Our vehicles are very sensitive to this. I wouldn't use the EGR with anything but the superlift.
Thanks for the clarification. I'd hate to find this out the hard way.... Now to muster up enough money and get a superlift to stack onto my OME HD lift...
Unread 11-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #41
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryann04
Thanks for the clarification. I'd hate to find this out the hard way.... Now to muster up enough money and get a superlift to stack onto my OME HD lift...
Are you wanting to just make it a 4" lift or higher? If you go higher than you won't be able to use any parts from the OME lift expect for possibly the front coils.
Unread 11-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #42
ryann04
2008 WK 

Quote:
Are you wanting to just make it a 4" lift or higher? If you go higher than you won't be able to use any parts from the OME lift expect for possibly the front coils.
Higher of course. I guess I wasn't aware that the Superlift rear coils were taller then the OME HD ones. I did know the shocks/struts are longer though.
Unread 11-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #43
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Ya if you go higher to let's say 6" you can use a cut OME coil upfront to get a little more lift over 4". Look at Omelet's build thread as this is the route he went. I am going to be using Bilstein 5100 adjustable struts upfront to gain the additional 2" needed for a 6" lift and then I am going to use the rear spacer I have on top of the SL coil to get 6" in the rear. If you go to 6" I would opt for the longer shocks in the rear as you can get more travel out of the rear. When it does come time to order your lift speak with Kolak. He is full of wisdom (he suggested I get the longer rear shocks) and has the best prices.
Unread 11-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #44
ryann04
2008 WK 

Quote:
Ya if you go higher to let's say 6" you can use a cut OME coil upfront to get a little more lift over 4". Look at Omelet's build thread as this is the route he went. I am going to be using Bilstein 5100 adjustable struts upfront to gain the additional 2" needed for a 6" lift and then I am going to use the rear spacer I have on top of the SL coil to get 6" in the rear. If you go to 6" I would opt for the longer shocks in the rear as you can get more travel out of the rear. When it does come time to order your lift speak with Kolak. He is full of wisdom (he suggested I get the longer rear shocks) and has the best prices.
Sounds like I'll be right behind you in the same install then. Haha, I'm lovin' the sound of it. Thanks for the info, and as always, I'll be ordering through Kolak when the time comes.
Unread 11-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #45
sk1er18
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
I am going to be using Bilstein 5100 adjustable struts upfront to gain the additional 2" needed for a 6" lift
I'm going to use the 5100's too... except i'm also going to cut a OME MD coil because I like a stiffer spring. One coil cut off a MD is about the same spring rate as an uncut HD spring (just slightly less). Best of all worlds

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.