Jeep WK Tire Pressure Light Constantly Blinking - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Jeep WK Tire Pressure Light Constantly Blinking

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 10-07-2012, 09:20 AM   #16
vucat13

for those that had the light problem with a gps or iPhone charger, were you able to solve the problem? ie replace the sensors or get a different charging cord? thanks!

vucat13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2012, 10:44 PM   #17
phottomatt
2010 JK Wrangler 

I've been getting the blinking light intermittently after reading thus I will have to see if my charger is effecting the system. Its always the left rear that that loses a signal, although one time there was 3 missing.
Unread 10-28-2012, 12:48 AM   #18
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phottomatt
I've been getting the blinking light intermittently after reading thus I will have to see if my charger is effecting the system. Its always the left rear that that loses a signal, although one time there was 3 missing.
If multiples are failing, right after each other then it's definitely the charger. I stopped keeping my charger in all of the time and my system has worked fine since then. Now when I plug it in, I use the always power outlet and it seems to work better but I still have issues sometimes
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2013, 09:31 AM   #19
Goldenknob
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick81 View Post
I had this problem on my 2005 WK a couple of years ago.

Problem for me was solved by replacing 2 of the sensors.

To Diagnose, I simply chose one tire and deflated it to 15 lbs.
then i started the car, if the light came on solid, I knew that sensor was good because it reported a low tire. Finally to confirm, I would re-inflate to the proper Psi and watch the light go back to blinking indicating the sensor was in proper working order. Then I would move onto the next tire.

I tried this this morning, one at a time, and all 4 tires registered low on the dash and then not low when aired back to proper pressure of 33. but a few days ago my light started blinking. it came on 3 times for about a minute or more each just blinking not steady on. but the weird thing is that it was random. the last time it came on was when, we had a 50 minute drive and it came on within the first 5 minutes, blinked for a minute, then went out and never came back on.

I have a laredo, so I can't see the pressure of each tire in the info center.

Does it sound like a sensor battery is getting low but still enough to work sometimes?
Goldenknob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 07:31 AM   #20
phottomatt
2010 JK Wrangler 

I believe a blinking light means a system problem not tire sensor. From the manual, The “Tire Pressure Monitoring Indicator Lamp” will flash on and off for ten seconds when a system fault is detected. The flash cycle will repeat every ten minutes or until the fault condition is removed and reset.
Unread 09-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #21
beber
2005 WK 

I have a problem where my light is always solidly on. However, I checked all four of my tires and the pressure is fine. Any thoughts?
beber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #22
Goldenknob
2007 WK 

maybe you have a sensor in your spare? Mine doesn't but some do.
Goldenknob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #23
V65Ozzie
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283 View Post
If multiples are failing, right after each other then it's definitely the charger. I stopped keeping my charger in all of the time and my system has worked fine since then. Now when I plug it in, I use the always power outlet and it seems to work better but I still have issues sometimes
And yet another reason not to become an izombie.

Sorry, I am always being told by the izombies that I need an iphone, or an ipad, or an i this or an i that. I like my old flip phone and windows xp. The schools around here issued ipads to all the kids to replace books, then after a year, realized that the kids were messaging each other instead of working. This year the ipads are locked down, you can't download apps to them, or message, just whatever you can pull from the school. My daughter says it isn't fair...........
It'll be worse if she breaks it, we have to pay for it, or rather, SHE will have to pay for it.

First I've heard of a charger messing with the monitor transmission though, they are extremely short range, but I suppose the receiver could be sent out of wack with a strong enough signal.
Unread 09-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #24
phottomatt
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by V65Ozzie View Post

And yet another reason not to become an izombie.

Sorry, I am always being told by the izombies that I need an iphone, or an ipad, or an i this or an i that. I like my old flip phone and windows xp. The schools around here issued ipads to all the kids to replace books, then after a year, realized that the kids were messaging each other instead of working. This year the ipads are locked down, you can't download apps to them, or message, just whatever you can pull from the school. My daughter says it isn't fair...........
It'll be worse if she breaks it, we have to pay for it, or rather, SHE will have to pay for it.

First I've heard of a charger messing with the monitor transmission though, they are extremely short range, but I suppose the receiver could be sent out of wack with a strong enough signal.
I'm with you on the izombie, LOL, but it is with any charger you will get the steady on light. On another note it's not only Jeeps, my company had to put in special boxes in the jet I fly because the USB charges would mess with our oil pressure gauges.
Unread 09-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #25
V65Ozzie
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phottomatt View Post
I'm with you on the izombie, LOL, but it is with any charger you will get the steady on light. On another note it's not only Jeeps, my company had to put in special boxes in the jet I fly because the USB charges would mess with our oil pressure gauges.
That would create a major pucker moment.........

Of course, the jets I was around didn't have facilities to plug in phone chargers. They were, however, equipped with ejection seats.

Ahhh, the old Grumman A6E's...and I do mean old.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.