Jeep WK Mufflers - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Jeep WK Mufflers

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChIron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCK

Unread 06-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #16
Bigdlensch
2006 WK 

Agreed, don't go with the 50 unless you want less sound than stock IMHO. Never thought about the 10

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

Bigdlensch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 07:27 PM   #17
chayden088

Yeah I haven't heard much about the 10. Does anyone have one on a v6 that could provide some info? Maybe even a video?
chayden088 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 10:05 PM   #18
ChanWK
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdlensch View Post
Agreed, don't go with the 50 unless you want less sound than stock IMHO. Never thought about the 10

Slight improvement from stock imho
ChanWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2013, 03:21 AM   #19
Bigdlensch
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanWK

Slight improvement from stock imho
You're right albeit a small one, but the op wants the sound to match the look. The 40 and 44 sound pretty good, the 10 will be even louder. All depends on how far you want to go with it. I've read that a lot of guys like the magnaflow, I'm partial to flowmaster myself but still curios to see what kolak told him.

Bigdlensch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2013, 08:12 AM   #20
ChanWK
2005 WK 

Do you know if getting rid of the resonator will make the sound better/louder?
ChanWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2013, 09:42 AM   #21
chayden088

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdlensch View Post

You're right albeit a small one, but the op wants the sound to match the look. The 40 and 44 sound pretty good, the 10 will be even louder. All depends on how far you want to go with it. I've read that a lot of guys like the magnaflow, I'm partial to flowmaster myself but still curios to see what kolak told him.

Yeah I think the 10 will be too loud. But kolak told me to go with the 50 because the 40 has too much midrange and will probably sound ricey. That's why I said before I'm probably going with the 50. But now I'm very undecided lol
Unread 06-20-2013, 09:45 AM   #22
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

just call flowmaster
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 08:16 AM   #23
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Called flowmaster yesterday and they recommended the super 50
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 02:54 PM   #24
justinmiller930
2005 WK 

I would personally go with Kolak's recommendation. He helped me pick mine out and I trust his word. He won't steer you wrong!
justinmiller930 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #25
scott02ws6
2005 WK 

Just another input here, I would have to add in that being a V6, anything more open than the 50 just wouldn't sound right. I have a buddy with a V6 Xterra who put a 10 on his (after I advised him not to do it) he hated the sound and ended up having his stock muffler put back on (also, ask to have your stock one back just in case you don't like the sound, you can always revert back to that). I have been around the GM F-body scene for a while, I have heard some of the 3.8l camaro and firebirds with 40's and they didn't sound right. As advised, I will say the 50 as well. For a v6, get something that will be slightly louder than stock. It will give you a deeper tone without screaming Honda. I had a 2003 monte Carlo SS, 3.8l with a 50 and it sounded great IMO. You should be able to find a shop around you who will weld it up for a decent price, I would also leave on the resonator to start off with, drive it for a few weeks to see how you like it and if you think it could stand to be louder have it removed. Just keep that as well.... just in case ya know. Its to bad we are on opposite sides, I'd weld it up for ya. Anyways, I hope that you enjoy what you get and your jeep sounds like it's going to be pretty damn nice as well!
Unread 06-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #26
chayden088

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott02ws6 View Post
Just another input here, I would have to add in that being a V6, anything more open than the 50 just wouldn't sound right. I have a buddy with a V6 Xterra who put a 10 on his (after I advised him not to do it) he hated the sound and ended up having his stock muffler put back on (also, ask to have your stock one back just in case you don't like the sound, you can always revert back to that). I have been around the GM F-body scene for a while, I have heard some of the 3.8l camaro and firebirds with 40's and they didn't sound right. As advised, I will say the 50 as well. For a v6, get something that will be slightly louder than stock. It will give you a deeper tone without screaming Honda. I had a 2003 monte Carlo SS, 3.8l with a 50 and it sounded great IMO. You should be able to find a shop around you who will weld it up for a decent price, I would also leave on the resonator to start off with, drive it for a few weeks to see how you like it and if you think it could stand to be louder have it removed. Just keep that as well.... just in case ya know. Its to bad we are on opposite sides, I'd weld it up for ya. Anyways, I hope that you enjoy what you get and your jeep sounds like it's going to be pretty damn nice as well!
Thanks for the input. At this point I've heard a lot of advice and I don't know what direction to go in. Also my dad is a mechanic with his own shop so any installation will done by him and my myself.
Unread 06-25-2013, 10:34 AM   #27
scott02ws6
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chayden088 View Post

Thanks for the input. At this point I've heard a lot of advice and I don't know what direction to go in. Also my dad is a mechanic with his own shop so any installation will done by him and my myself.
Well that definitely makes things easier, It's kinda hard to determine the sound from advise and YouTube videos. Unless you had the 10 of the exact same vehicle, each with a different exhaust, it's a bit of trial and error. While there are different contributing factors to the sound output, you can kind of base a general idea off of different vehicles with a similar size motor. At least you have access to the tools needed, if you're unhappy with the sound a swap out would be easy and fairly quick. Also on a plus side, you could sell off one if you decide it's not for you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.