Jeep WK Mufflers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Jeep WK Mufflers

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-10-2013, 05:56 PM   #1
chayden088

Jeep WK Mufflers

Hey guys, im new to the forum so i apologize in advance for my stupidity. Now that i said that i recently bought a jeep wk with the 3.7L V6 unfortunately, but im currently doing some upgrades to it like a 2 inch RC lift with wheel spacers, 265/70/17 tires, bull bar etc. Bottom line is that i want the sound to match the tough look. so is there any direct fit cheaper mufflers that are are good for the 3.7L. Ive seen the flowmaster 40 series ones but i was under the impression that these are for the V8's. Correct me if im wrong and if anyone has put mufflers on their V6 and have suggestions for me that would be great. Thanks..

chayden088 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #2
chayden088

Oh and if it matters, i forgot to mention that it is a 2006.
Unread 06-10-2013, 06:17 PM   #3
ChanWK
2005 WK 

I would go with a 44 or 40 depending in how much drone you can put up with... I myself have the 50 and its too quiet in my hemi
ChanWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2013, 02:32 AM   #4
Bigdlensch
2006 WK 

I agree the 50 is too quiet, I put the 40 on my 4.7 and love it. IMHO you can't go wrong with the 40 had them on the camaro as well.
Bigdlensch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #5
chayden088

Is the 40 a direct fit for the wk v6? Because every website I've been on only show them for the 4.7 and he might. How do I know what size and inlet/outlet setup to get for my car?
Unread 06-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #6
ChanWK
2005 WK 

I believe its a 3 inch inlet/outlet. I'd reccomend buying from Kolak too.
Unread 06-11-2013, 05:04 PM   #7
chayden088

Like I said my new the whole forum world so I Googled thinking it was a company but is that just like a person on jeep forum that sells parts and stuff? Sorry for the dumb questions haha
Unread 06-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #8
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

you can pm Kolak (which is his user name). He's very quick to respond. I can get you a price on a flowmaster as well if you throw me a part number.
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2013, 06:00 PM   #9
chayden088

Thanks I'm gonna pm kolak see what he says and then go from there. Thanks for the advice.
Unread 06-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #10
ChanWK
2005 WK 

Email works too he saves you a few bucks if you order through him.
Unread 06-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #11
Bigdlensch
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chayden088
Thanks I'm gonna pm kolak see what he says and then go from there. Thanks for the advice.
Just curious what you ended up going with, flowmaster or something else.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Bigdlensch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #12
4thgradedropout

If im not to late i have a 40 on my 6cyl and i like it at low rpms but getting up to speed and on the highway they are real drowny and even a little ricey at times
4thgradedropout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #13
chayden088

Yeah your not too late and that actually helped me a lot because at first I heard that it may sound a little ricy and then I saw YouTube videos that sounded really nice but the videos were just low rpm revving and stuff. So now that you say that I'm probably going with the 50 because I want a deeper sound. I'm only 17 so I have to come up with some money for now though haha.
Unread 06-16-2013, 06:55 PM   #14
ChrisMartin921
2006 WK 

Its a v6 and any muffler you put on there will sound ricey. If you want it to sound like a v8, the best muffler to put on there is a flowmaster 10series. I been doing custom exhaust for over 7 years now and haven't had anyone complain about the 10 series on v6 engines
ChrisMartin921 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 07:55 PM   #15
ChanWK
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chayden088 View Post
Yeah your not too late and that actually helped me a lot because at first I heard that it may sound a little ricy and then I saw YouTube videos that sounded really nice but the videos were just low rpm revving and stuff. So now that you say that I'm probably going with the 50 because I want a deeper sound. I'm only 17 so I have to come up with some money for now though haha.
The 50 is not a deeper sound its more quiet actually

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.