jeep WK 2in lift and wheel spacer questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > jeep WK 2in lift and wheel spacer questions

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 10-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #1
offroadatv6

jeep WK 2in lift and wheel spacer questions

I am new to the forum and i had a few questions I am planning on doing a 2in rough country lift on my 05 jeep wk Grand cherokee... i have been reading about doing the install and i am unclear on how to do the back do you put the spacer on the top or the bottom I read the directions on the rough country website and they said on the top but other forums have said on the bottom? My next question is about tires I was going to get 265/70 r 17 yokohama geolanders ats i was reading that everyone seems to be running wheel spacers is that a must or can i get away with out them? and if not how big of a spacer and what kind would be good? thanks ahead of time for your help.

offroadatv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 07:11 PM   #2
silentj
2006 XK Commander 

Welcome to the Forum. To answer your question about the Rear spacer, it will go on the top of the spring.

For the wheel spacers. The 265 will be very close to the Upper Control arm bolt. It will really depend on the brand tire you go with.
06' XK 3.7 - RC 2" Lift | Hypertech Max Energy 52001 | Bilstein HD Front & Rear Shocks | Hankook DynaPro ATM 255/70R18 | 18" Sahara wheels | Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers | Rola Basket | Smittybilt D-ring Tow Hitch | 4XGuard Matrix | Hella 500's
silentj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2012, 01:13 AM   #3
SampsonSimpson
2006 WK 

I have a 06 WK and i used the rough country lift also. In the rear it does go on top and it is a lot easier than the front. I put 265/70/17 Nitto terra grapplers on with 1.5 wheel spacers, and I still had minor rubbing where the pinch weld is. Im not positive that you need the wheel spacers but you would probably rub on the control arm bolt like silentj said.
[B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]RED WK CLUB #17[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
SampsonSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.