Jeep Navigation Joystick Replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Jeep Navigation Joystick Replacement

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 05-11-2009, 12:44 PM   #1
daxlw
2005 WK 

Jeep Navigation Joystick Replacement

Where can I find a replacement navigation joystick for my REC Navigation Radio? I cant find them online or aftermarket.

daxlw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2009, 01:26 PM   #2
saleen032
2005 WK 

I have seen them on Ebay, but they are not the exact same units..Plus if you are not to great at soldering and circuit boards, it is not an easy replacement..
saleen032 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2009, 02:02 PM   #3
justa4banger
2007 WK 

Here is the How to, just in case

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/tec...-joystick.html

Here is the part and where to get it.

http://www.onlinecomponents.com/buy/.../RKJXT1F42001/
Unread 05-11-2009, 02:03 PM   #4
justa4banger
2007 WK 

I used this info to unjam my REC radio. It a had a Stuck Cd.
Have fun
Unread 11-12-2009, 05:08 AM   #5
koj
2010 WK 

The joystick sold in a.m. post is a 4-way which means that you will not be able to move the curson on your map. All other functions seems to work. I installed this which is pretty straightforward if you are used to desolder and solder small pieces.
Have now ordered the 8 way joystich which sells at a much higher price. I also installed a handle from a wardrobe as protection. Looks like the navigator is mounted in a computer rack.
koj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2009, 01:16 PM   #6
90grandoneer
2006 WK 

I just ordered both of them, 4-way and 8-way (wanted to see what the differences in terminals was) from ALPS ELECTRIC RKJXT1E12001 is in stock! | Buy RKJXT1E12001 | RKJXT1E12001 | Onlinecomponents.com
and I will probably use the "stock" 8 way replacement. I plan to do the replacement tomorrow. I've already had the unit out once to verify model and serial number. Looks like it shouldn't be too tough to do.

Koj, do you have pictures of the handle you used? How does it work? Is it just to limit movement of the joystick?
90grandoneer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2009, 03:57 AM   #7
koj
2010 WK 

You will find that the 4-way has 4 pins less. The handle is only for protection and is standard hardware.
Pixbox: kojs album "Rack"
Unread 11-15-2009, 07:24 PM   #8
90grandoneer
2006 WK 

Thanks for the info., koj. Where are you located in Sweden? My Dad was from the Aland Islands, and I have a cousin in Stockholm. I'd sure like to make another trip over there. Love the country and the people. I have a few years on you so I better hurry, LOL.
90grandoneer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2009, 03:26 AM   #9
koj
2010 WK 

I live in the western outskirts of Stockholm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.