Jeep Grand Cherokee WK chrome wheel balance problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Jeep Grand Cherokee WK chrome wheel balance problem

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 07-26-2007, 03:40 PM   #1
angryhemi
2005 WK 

Jeep Grand Cherokee WK chrome wheel balance problem

I have a 2005 wk limited. I just bought the chrome wheels. They need to be balanced. Took it to one shop and they balanced them, but had a vibration at 65-80mph. Found out about the "achon" finger adapter and road force simulator balancers here on jeep forums.

My problem: No one in Delaware has the achon adapter. And they have no idea what I am talking about. I tell them its an adapter that puts "fingers" into the lug nut holes.
The Jeep dealership has a road force balancer, but they dont have the adapter. Think that would work to balance the wheels?
Anyone know of anyone in Maryland, Delaware, or southeastern PA that has this adapter? Anyone know where I can BUY the adapter so I can bring it with my to get my wheels balanced? Any input would be appreciated. This is a nightmare.

angryhemi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2007, 08:05 PM   #2
HurriJeff
2013 WK 

Ohhh yea.. Had the same problem when I bought my REVOS... Car shook like a 1956 clunker. I was madder than a wet cat for sure. Third time I took it there I had to loud talk the sales person AND the tech who had failed to get a good balance on two tries. The Firestone tire dealer finally rolled all 4 tires next door to the Meineke muffler shop and they had the "New" tool needed to balance my tires. I know none of this helps you.. here is my advice.

Get your yellow pages and call everyone in there who sells tires. Ask them about the new chrome Jeep wheels and if they have the tool to do the job. I know its toughto hear it sometimes; but listen closely for the sound of B.S. because the guy who has no idea what your talking about will swear that he can balance anything but he will only take your money and waste your time. I'll try to call that dealer tomorrow and ask them what machine and what tool they used to balance my tires.

If you want to call yourself...

Meineke Shop # 43
3005 North Federal Highway
POMPANO BEACH, FL 33064-6851
954/943-5920
(3 Blocks South of Sample Road)
HEMI CLUB MEMBER #10
Previous Jeeps:
1998 ZJ Special Edition 2wd- Traded
1991 XJ 2.8 2wd Sold
HurriJeff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2007, 06:53 AM   #3
angryhemi
2005 WK 

Thanks for the info. But I called them and spoke to 2 people there, and they had no idea what I was talking about. I probably just didn't get to speak to the right person.
angryhemi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2007, 08:43 AM   #4
CurtP

Are you calling hole-in-the-wall tire shops? If you can find a tire center that has the Road Force balancer, they should be familiar with the Acon adapter. It doesn't look like you have a Discount Tire where you live, but you should have a NTB. Even Pep Boys should know!
CurtP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2007, 04:05 PM   #5
HurriJeff
2013 WK 

Sorry I couldnt be of more help. Good Luck with it. Seems like your on the right track anyway.
HEMI CLUB MEMBER #10
Previous Jeeps:
1998 ZJ Special Edition 2wd- Traded
1991 XJ 2.8 2wd Sold
HurriJeff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.