Jeep camping gear? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Jeep camping gear?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 06-22-2013, 10:01 PM   #1
dvella
2008 WK 

Jeep camping gear?

Looking for something that blocks off the back of my WK...don't want an entire tent that touches the ground, just something that zips up covering the back if the hatch is open....any ideas or products?

Unread 06-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #2
TangoTango
2008 WK 

I think you would need to custom make that. Should be easy. Take some old sheets and cut and staple them into the pattern you want, then take your pattern to a canvas shop or shoe repair guy and have them sew the canvass or screen for you.
TangoTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 09:59 AM   #3
Mainsail
2005 WK 

If you find something Jeep it'll be way overpriced for what it is. Get a roof-top tent. They're much more roomy and comfortable and you don't have to dump your gear out of the back of the jeep.

Unread 06-24-2013, 07:57 PM   #4
ryann04
2008 WK 

Jeep also sells expensive Jeep Tent Trailers, they look cool as hell though! Too bad they don't sell them in Canada

Blue WK Club Member #42 // DIESEL FTW !!!! -Ryan
ryann04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 08:25 AM   #5
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Just buy yourself some mesquito net and some PVC pipe and fab something up.
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #6
Enxu
2006 WK 

I have one of these:
https://us.napieroutdoors.com/store/.../product_id:4/

Haven't taken it out of the box yet. Going to do a test setup this weekend.
Enxu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 09:38 PM   #7
dvella
2008 WK 

The link does not work...
Unread 06-27-2013, 06:10 AM   #8
Enxu
2006 WK 

It's the Napier 84000 tent
Enxu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 10:40 AM   #9
sickchilly
2010 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryann04 View Post
Jeep also sells expensive Jeep Tent Trailers, they look cool as hell though! Too bad they don't sell them in Canada
While the Jeep treatment and branding is cool and all, these tent trailers sold by Jeep are WAY overpriced for what they are. If you really want one, I'd suggest getting one from the original manufacturer. The Jeep trailer is the LivinLite QuickSilver 6.0:
http://www.livinlite.com/6.0-overview.php

They are nice trailers. Well built, lightweight aluminum. They have several other models of tent trailers and enclosed trailers. If you can do without the Jeep branding, you can get a lot of different options for less money. Oh, and LivinLite has plenty of dealers up there in Canuckistan.
Unread 06-27-2013, 03:06 PM   #10
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickchilly View Post
While the Jeep treatment and branding is cool and all, these tent trailers sold by Jeep are WAY overpriced for what they are. If you really want one, I'd suggest getting one from the original manufacturer. The Jeep trailer is the LivinLite QuickSilver 6.0:

They are nice trailers. Well built, lightweight aluminum. They have several other models of tent trailers and enclosed trailers. If you can do without the Jeep branding, you can get a lot of different options for less money. Oh, and LivinLite has plenty of dealers up there in Canuckistan.
but then you dont get the moabs and BFG M/T's....
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 07:22 PM   #11
ryann04
2008 WK 

Quote:

Good to know, I'm gong to check them out for sure! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca07wk View Post
but then you dont get the moabs and BFG M/T's....
easy, cheap fix..
Blue WK Club Member #42 // DIESEL FTW !!!! -Ryan
ryann04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 10:30 PM   #12
dtresca
2010 WK 

Quote:

Great. Now I have to buy one...
dtresca is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.