Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

JBA WK Caster kit question

614 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  buddy357 
#1 ·
I’m removing the rough country spacer lift that was on the Jeep when I bought it and installing a OME HD lift on my WK CRD in a week or so. I’m also going to add JBA a-arms.

I notice they offer a “caster kit” which is new bushings and flat washers. Is it really needed? Has anyone used the kit or flat fender washers for the same effect, and did it work for you?

#8 · (Edited)
Guitarmann, the Jeep has 145k on it and I have no idea how long it was on there. The only issue I actually have is a thump when hitting bumps on the drivers front. Think it’s because the jounce bumper is not where it should be. It’s sitting on the strut and splitting open. A big clue the springs/shocks are ready for replacement is that with a 2” space lift I’m at a hair over 19” hub to fender all around. And the springs/ shocks are clearly old. It bounces too much going into turns and has excessive body roll. While new springs/shocks without spacers may not fix all of that, it won’t hurt.

I believe in doing things the right way. I’d prefer a superlift with coilovers and adjustable rear arms/track bar, but for now the budget says no. So I have new isolators and jounce bumpers and a few new bolts and nuts to go along with the OME HD and JBA arms. Would like to do it once and that’s why I’m wondering if I should try the bushing kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.