Jay's 05 WK Build Thread - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Jay's 05 WK Build Thread

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 06-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #76
jayl00p

Thanks Jerry!
The sticker is an old logo for Burton Snowboards. If you lookup "Burton Mountain Sticker" you should be able to find it on Amazon or EBay. I just left off the Burton text and applied the mountain part of the sticker.

'05 WK LTD HEMI|Custom 6" lift-Superlift+Spacers|EGR|AEV Savegre|35" GY Duratrac|SRT8 Front and Rear Sway Bars|Rusty's Adjustable Rear LCAs|Mopar CAI|Gibson 3" Cat-Back w cats deleted|RIGID 30" LED|SC Flashpaq|Yakima Bike+Snow+Kayak|Rola|Superwinch X9 winch|Custom bi-xenon Projector Headlights|
jayl00p is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 05:23 PM   #77
Jerry722

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayl00p
Thanks Jerry!
The sticker is an old logo for Burton Snowboards. If you lookup "Burton Mountain Sticker" you should be able to find it on Amazon or EBay. I just left off the Burton text and applied the mountain part of the sticker.
Awesome. Thanks man your wk is an inspiration to mine! Good luck with it man
Jerry722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 05:50 PM   #78
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I have also seen something very similar used for Mt Rainier.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #79
jayl00p

Ur right Omelet, it does kind look like Mt Rainier! Jerry, start a build thread if you haven't already and keep us updated!
'05 WK LTD HEMI|Custom 6" lift-Superlift+Spacers|EGR|AEV Savegre|35" GY Duratrac|SRT8 Front and Rear Sway Bars|Rusty's Adjustable Rear LCAs|Mopar CAI|Gibson 3" Cat-Back w cats deleted|RIGID 30" LED|SC Flashpaq|Yakima Bike+Snow+Kayak|Rola|Superwinch X9 winch|Custom bi-xenon Projector Headlights|
Unread 06-29-2012, 07:34 PM   #80
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

It's a great logo! I have always enjoyed seeing it on your rig

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #81
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

Awesome wk man! How the hell have I not seen this thread until now! I guess I look at subscribed threads only too much...but now I'm subscribed so all is good!
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2012, 08:12 AM   #82
jayl00p

Thanks man!! I'm guilty of only checking subscribed threads as well. Being a member on 3 jeep forums there are too many threads to keep up with!
Unread 09-22-2012, 08:30 PM   #83
DuffDaddy
2007 WK 

I always thought you couldnt do much with 6" ..... this proves it wrong ... Great rig man awesome.
Unread 10-23-2012, 06:36 AM   #84
theducttapegod

Any chance that you could post some level, unretouched pictures? Just so I can see clearly what the hood looks like, what the front bumper looks like, things like that? Boring, I know.
theducttapegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 08:39 AM   #85
Mashanu

This is absolutely gorgeous. I'm going to reference this thread for my build lol. I gotta say that 6" lift looks great despite what I thought it might look like.
Mashanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 09:02 PM   #86
jayl00p

Wow, I haven't been on here in forever! I've made several changes since my last post, so here goes...

I worked for a while on a custom front skid but decided to scrap it. Just too big and bulky:

I installed a hidden winch behind the front bumper using Omelet's method. I added weld on shackle mounts and cut out the bumper for those as well. I coated everything including the fairlead (except for rope contact area) with Raptor Liner. While I was at it, I went ahead and sprayed my side view mirrors and Rola Rack.

After that I started on a headlight retrofit. I wanted a good mix of pure white, then intense yellow light when I needed it. I came up with a solution I wanted to achieve:

I picked up a set of Eagle Eye aftermarket 2008-10 projector headlaps. When they arrived I tossed the projectors and picked up a set of FX-R 3.0(infiniti replica) bi-xenon projectors with clear lenses, OSRAM 5000K CBI bulbs, and DENSO ballasts(OEM Lexus).
First step was to sand all the chrome off the housings:

Then I primed and painted to color match to the Jeep.

I ordered rattle can paint and clear gloss from automotivetouchup.com. Once again, I stole one of Omelet's great ideas and used the Jeep 7-slot grille logo for my turn signal covers. I just applied a vinyl sticker, painted over it, then carefully removed it to expose the orange reflector. I then sprayed clear over the entire thing:

After painting was complete I went on to mount the projecters, which was a total PITA. The projectors were huge and required me to cut out the factory mount and fabricate a mount plate and stand offs. I then used spacers to align them inside the housing.

These lights are paired with 3000k HID in my fogs and NOKYA yellow halogens in my high beam housing. Here is a chart of my results. Note my hid cutoff steps up to the right instead of a flat alignment. This is to help more with keeping them out of oncoming traffic. Its really hard to aim super bright HIDs that are about a foot higher off the ground than stock!

here are some more output shots:

for right now, to take care of the gap that using the 08-10 lights creates, I simply covered the lower portion in silver vinyl. I'll do something more permananent later.

I am SOOOO glad to have this mod over with! I have 50+ hours in it due to having to fabricate projector mounts.and align them. I'm sure glad I did it though, the output is stupid bright!
Unread 01-14-2013, 09:23 PM   #87
toycam

God that thing is so sexy. You make me want to bedline my black trim pieces now too. Also, I've been looking for those stripe decals forward of your front doors with the ORT bade. Where did you find them?
toycam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 09:53 PM   #88
jayl00p

I got the badges made from a guy on another forum, i believe his email is rebadge@yahoo.com. For the stripes, I just measure what stripe thickness/gap I wanted and found someone local with a plotter to cut them out for me. Honestly though, with enough patience they could easily be cut by hand.
Unread 01-15-2013, 01:30 AM   #89
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

That is one sick WK!
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 07:38 AM   #90
christiang26
2009 WK 

Very nice wk. how much lift do you got?, and how did you program the fog to stay on when the hi are on?
christiang26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.