Jay's 05 WK Build Thread - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Jay's 05 WK Build Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-31-2011, 02:30 AM   #46
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Nice work Jay! Missed this thread but glad I found it!

These are the best wheels on WK bar none

Good luck with the lift, watching with interest

Dave

2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD (Yup, RHD Australia)- 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU/SL Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails, Saguaro F & R Bars, RCV's, Warn 9.5cti-s, AEV Saverge Rims, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Batteries - Build Thread - YouTube Vids
Valpacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2011, 06:32 PM   #47
jayl00p

Thanks Dave! Yeah, I've drooled over your WK quite a bit. How do you like the snorkel? I've checked out AirFlow Vector's site and shipping to US isn't that bad. I'm tempted...Do you think it is paintable as long as flex agent and adhesion promoter is used?
'05 WK LTD HEMI|Custom 6" lift-Superlift+Spacers|EGR|AEV Savegre|35" GY Duratrac|SRT8 Front and Rear Sway Bars|Rusty's Adjustable Rear LCAs|Mopar CAI|Gibson 3" Cat-Back w cats deleted|RIGID 30" LED|SC Flashpaq|Yakima Bike+Snow+Kayak|Rola|Superwinch X9 winch|Custom bi-xenon Projector Headlights|
jayl00p is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2011, 07:13 PM   #48
Acidcold
2005 WK 

Your Jeep is sexy Jay! we have to get together sometime and wheel these beasts!
Acidcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2011, 08:23 PM   #49
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayl00p View Post
Thanks Dave! Yeah, I've drooled over your WK quite a bit. How do you like the snorkel? I've checked out AirFlow Vector's site and shipping to US isn't that bad. I'm tempted...Do you think it is paintable as long as flex agent and adhesion promoter is used?
Snorkel rocks! The airfilter is soo much cleaner when i change it now, and I dont have to worry about the depth of the creek or mud pit as it were

As a painter I make a great sparky so i wont even attempt that one. I actually knocked the corner in on mine on a trail and then left the car in the sun the next day and it popped out, so it definately flexes!

Dave
2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD (Yup, RHD Australia)- 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU/SL Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails, Saguaro F & R Bars, RCV's, Warn 9.5cti-s, AEV Saverge Rims, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Batteries - Build Thread - YouTube Vids
Unread 09-02-2011, 05:20 AM   #50
jayl00p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidcold
Your Jeep is sexy Jay! we have to get together sometime and wheel these beasts!
Thanks Carlos, I'm always down for a road trip! I know a lot of trails in SE Kentucky, but I'm not sure what else is between us.
'05 WK LTD HEMI|Custom 6" lift-Superlift+Spacers|EGR|AEV Savegre|35" GY Duratrac|SRT8 Front and Rear Sway Bars|Rusty's Adjustable Rear LCAs|Mopar CAI|Gibson 3" Cat-Back w cats deleted|RIGID 30" LED|SC Flashpaq|Yakima Bike+Snow+Kayak|Rola|Superwinch X9 winch|Custom bi-xenon Projector Headlights|
Unread 09-15-2011, 10:53 AM   #51
jayl00p

Thanks to the bravery of jager, acid, and some others, I finally got up the nerve to hack at my front bumper. I used a dremel and ez-lock cut off wheel, then a sanding wheel for finishing.

First I taped off where my line would go. This helps to keep the paint from chipping or peeling back when cutting.
Tip: in curved areas, use tape to make your line. Just lay a strip over your taped off area, mark your line, an peel off to make a perfect straight line:

Next, I had a couple hits of shine to get some courage:

Rough cut:

After the rough cut I knocked off all the plastic burrs with my hand and proceeded to finish off with a sanding wheel. I rolled the edge for a nice round bevel.

Afterwards I taped off and rattle canned everything underneath flat back, including the washer fluid reservoir (until it is relocated).
Finished product:

I also got my new hood in today!

Bodywork starts Monday.
Unread 09-15-2011, 11:03 AM   #52
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

uh oh, lol... I'm pretty sure I see a hood scoop on there.
Unread 09-15-2011, 11:51 AM   #53
Jeep_Country
2008 JK Wrangler 

Damn, this is by far one of the sexiest WK's I've ever seen. Keep up the good work and keep up with the pictures! I can't get enough of this thing
Jeep_Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2011, 06:18 PM   #54
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

That is one beautiful hood!!! Is that the double scoop one?

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2011, 10:32 AM   #55
jayl00p

Yeah, it's the black ops version of the medic hood. I'm now trying to figure out how i'm going to have it painted. I don't want an all black hood, but I also don't want to paint over all that carbon fiber! I'm going to stripe it somehow.
Unread 09-16-2011, 10:38 AM   #56
Acidcold
2005 WK 

Black looks so much sexier dude, I am considering getting that hood on fiberglass and painting it matte black.

Next year or so of course!
Acidcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2011, 01:07 PM   #57
jayl00p

That would look sweet! I loved micallef's wk when the hood and roof were flat black. I got a sample piece of 3M Di-NOC film and I'm going to see how close it matches the CF hood. I might try wrapping the grille in it and then spraying a few coats of clear over it.
Unread 09-19-2011, 06:20 PM   #58
jayl00p

Front bumper hack v 2.0:

Unread 10-17-2011, 02:34 AM   #59
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Hows the lift coming along Jay? Did you get the adjustable arms on?

My Superlift is about to arrive so very interested in how its coming along!

We are going with a different path on the rear, but the front will be the SL with some custom coils at around 2" extra (also based on the weight)

I like the cut out front bumper, now you just need to make it steel

Dave
Unread 12-09-2011, 05:14 PM   #60
mudhunter51
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome job, this is one of the coolest WK's I've seen. Can't wait to see how it turns out

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-redheaded-mistress-build-1308945/
mudhunter51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.