Jay's 05 WK Build Thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Jay's 05 WK Build Thread

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 04-18-2011, 01:13 PM   #16
CmmdrDan

Check out that smile! haha Looks good man!

CmmdrDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2011, 01:29 PM   #17
WK-916

I like the "Rhino Lining"

I was thinking about doing that to mine.... I was thinking taking the Chrome and turning it all RhinoLiner

I have a LTD so it would be the grill, door moldings, rear chrome strip etc.

I also was thinking of "Wet Sanding" my Clear coat and making the whole truck flat beryl green...

Anyone?
WK-916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2011, 01:54 PM   #18
CmmdrDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK-916 View Post
I like the "Rhino Lining"

I was thinking about doing that to mine.... I was thinking taking the Chrome and turning it all RhinoLiner

I have a LTD so it would be the grill, door moldings, rear chrome strip etc.

I also was thinking of "Wet Sanding" my Clear coat and making the whole truck flat beryl green...

Anyone?
I know we have had our differences but I would have to go with no. Unless you are good with body work also. I bet it would look great but could very easily mess it up and be stuck with a big body work bill.
Unread 04-18-2011, 02:18 PM   #19
WK-916

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmmdrDan View Post
I know we have had our differences but I would have to go with no. Unless you are good with body work also. I bet it would look great but could very easily mess it up and be stuck with a big body work bill.
Hey sorry for being a dick the other time... everyone goes through times where they wanna kill everyone around.....

Anyway... No on the rhino line or the Flat Paint?

See my front bumper/hood has pits in it from previous owner and hate how it looks....

I have seen some brand new trucks rolling around here w/ flat black paint
Unread 04-18-2011, 02:21 PM   #20
CmmdrDan

No on the flat paint. The trim should look good bed lined. But that flat look will be hard to get unless you have paint experience.
Unread 04-18-2011, 02:24 PM   #21
criket
2005 WK 

On the flat paint subject, you looking for that TJ Willy's Flat Green? IMO that plus rhino lining everything would be baller.

But yea, it may be expensive if a shop does it and probably very time consuming if you diy it.
2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG antenna mount | Rola roof
criket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2011, 02:29 PM   #22
WK-916

Quote:
Originally Posted by criket View Post
On the flat paint subject, you looking for that TJ Willy's Flat Green? IMO that plus rhino lining everything would be baller.

But yea, it may be expensive if a shop does it and probably very time consuming if you diy it.
No, I have a Deep Beryl Green Wk, and I just wanted to somehow take the clear and sand it or something to get it all Flat.....

I have seen a few trucks around here: brand new Duramax's with flat black paint.... like 2010's.... they look siiiiiick! wanted to know what they did to get that....
thumbnail.jpg  
Unread 04-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #23
WK-916

Wouldn't that look sick with flat paint and rhino lined moldings/grill

i dunno
Unread 04-18-2011, 02:58 PM   #24
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

If it were me, i wouldnt do either. I like the chrome because it breaks the jeep up, and the black trim makes it look laredo. I wouldnt do that paint either. Just my 2c.
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2011, 03:00 PM   #25
criket
2005 WK 

Sorry to get everyone off track.

More pics of the build thread!!!!

I'm diggin those lights.....heck I just want a bigger jeep....
2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG antenna mount | Rola roof
criket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2011, 03:10 PM   #26
WK-916

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybomb05 View Post
If it were me, i wouldnt do either. I like the chrome because it breaks the jeep up, and the black trim makes it look laredo. I wouldnt do that paint either. Just my 2c.
yeah, just looking for a remedy for the rock chips in the front end.... looks like previous owner liked to ride ppl's a*s...

I think I will just save out for an aftermarket front bumper....

Thanx for the 2c
Unread 04-18-2011, 03:20 PM   #27
elbuencharie
2005 WK 

Looks great Jay. I'm digging your flood lights, type and configuration. I might steal this look! Also, I wish I could get my hands on some of that so called "Raptor Liner", I love the look of your rear bumper step. I'd also hit the stock bottom rocker panels with it, just in the mean time I get my 4xG rock rails. Then I would hit them with it too!
HEMI Club Member #61
elbuencharie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2011, 06:11 PM   #28
jayl00p

Well, at the minimum I am in the market for a new hood. Worst case scenario a new Jeep. After last nights hailstorm/tornado I've got matching dents in every body panel. Sunroof and windshield are both busted.
If insurance chooses repair over totaling it I'm looking into maybe a BlackOps or Trufiber hood painted to match...Maybe.
'05 WK LTD HEMI|Custom 6" lift-Superlift+Spacers|EGR|AEV Savegre|35" GY Duratrac|SRT8 Front and Rear Sway Bars|Rusty's Adjustable Rear LCAs|Mopar CAI|Gibson 3" Cat-Back w cats deleted|RIGID 30" LED|SC Flashpaq|Yakima Bike+Snow+Kayak|Rola|Superwinch X9 winch|Custom bi-xenon Projector Headlights|
jayl00p is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2011, 07:03 PM   #29
lagonwagon
2007 WK 

That suck! Sorry about your jeep.
2007 WK Limited (white), QDII, Hemi, OME HD lift, JBA UCA's, Treadwright Guard Dogs 32.25's, Fuel wheels, K&N CAI, BT catch can, 4xGuard rails & belly skid, Saguaro 4x front shackle mounts, tow hitch shackle mount [B][COLOR="Blue"](SOLD)[/COLOR][/B]
lagonwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2011, 07:09 PM   #30
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

oh nooo........

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.